E-bike for transporting a child. Help me find one, pls!

E Moses

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2016
UK
Can somebody please help me find an electric bike that has a back seat, or the whole structure, strong enough to take the weight of a 7-year-old? I think my little one is about 22 or 23 kg.

My current bike has the battery inside the back seat, and on four occasions the spokes snapped due, I think, the weight. Or maybe the combination of weight (battery and child) and the motor tension. Then again, it's got rubbish wheels and spokes anyway.

I'm looking at this one https://radpowerbikes.eu/products/radrhino-electric-fat-bike?variant=52737433094

And, thinking, since it has large wheels and strong body, it'll be enough to carry the child around for at least a year or two from now. I understand the average back seat has the max capacity of 25kg, but I'm guessing 1 or 2 kg extra won't be a disaster.

I don't drive by the way. So, this is my only way to transport my child around.

This is my current bike, it's a pile of junk.

My max budget is £1500.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
That'll be ideal. Except my little one, who was a preemie baby, still has some physical limitations. I spent a very long time teaching her to ride a bike without stabilisers, but no success so far.
Scooting with the pedals off is best, apologies if you already know that.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk

E Moses

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2016
UK
OK, guys, let me ask it this way. Supposedly, I go for the Radrhino bike (above), is there a way to, say, strengthen the back seat? Or it'll be just fine?

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Thank you! Any idea what the import tax will be like?
Better ask them before purchase to be sure! I never bought through them.

I know the one on eBay will be the final price, but it is also more expensive