E-Bike Insurance

onthe-edge

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2018
portsmouth
If it's stored in a locked shed, what does that do to the premiums??
I keep mine in a locked garage, don't know what it does for the premiums but I've been in touch with YellowJersey and they say that the insurer will consent as long as I use a floor or wall mounted anchor, a gold rated D shackle, and a cable lock through the wheels.Also the lock on the door must be a close shackle padlock, which means fitting a hasp for the padlock. All this comes to about £100 plus the £85 premium, so I'm looking at nearly £200 to insure a £1000 bike.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I keep mine in a locked garage, don't know what it does for the premiums but I've been in touch with YellowJersey and they say that the insurer will consent as long as I use a floor or wall mounted anchor, a gold rated D shackle, and a cable lock through the wheels.Also the lock on the door must be a close shackle padlock, which means fitting a hasp for the padlock. All this comes to about £100 plus the £85 premium, so I'm looking at nearly £200 to insure a £1000 bike.
Yes but you would still have to take those precautions for other insurers wouldnt you?

onthe-edge

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2018
portsmouth
Yes but you would still have to take those precautions for other insurers wouldnt you?

Yes of course. I'm not knocking YellowJersey, I just hadn't budgeted for insurance when I bought the bike. My real problem is that I live in a first-floor flat so I can't keep it indoors.