E-Bikeshop.co.uk

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
just shows you should go to ebike shop for a test ride then offer 60% off the asking price as its used ;)

still offer warranty with a dongle fitted tho that no other dealer can ?
That's a very good point. At what point does a bike become 'used' and worth only 60% of it's full value?

The guy who recently picked up his 'brand new' bike, with 10 miles on the clock, and bits falling off, was advised to negotiate for a meagre 15% discount.

So, the question is, what is considered as being a 'used bike'? Is an ex demo bike, used? Should there be 40% off the price?

Don't forget to click here and vote. ;)

Reactions: Live_Steam_Mad

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I bought a Haibike allmtn rx from Martin with Dongle in March of this year. I only bought from him as i wanted this bike with Dongle. He was still some 100 miles from where i live.
I nearly didn't buy from him as he is less than polite, poor customer service in that he doesn't seem bothered about you as a customer but more about the turnover.
Set up of the bike was non existent, and i took it to a mobile bike mechanic who knows how to talk to his customers.
When you buy a bike this costly i expect customer service, lets be honest the bike is the cost of a small decent second hand car.
Watch out martin as if someone set's up near you as the market expands and knows how to treat customers your business will only go one way and that's down.
SHAME REALLY!

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Oh, dont trust ebikeshop to fit you to correct bike, get a bike fit like i did so you know what bike will fit you as this shop doesn't have a clue. Tried selling me wrong sized bike.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Oh, dont trust ebikeshop to fit you to correct bike, get a bike fit like i did so you know what bike will fit you as this shop doesn't have a clue. Tried selling me wrong sized bike.
What size bike do you need Steve? Out of curiosity, what size were you offered?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Perhaps he should change his title. It's misleading and confusing.
Yes, that title could be changed to bike mobile mechanic, but simpler to use a hyphen which would have made all the difference. For example:

Mobile bike-mechanic

Coupling the latter two words would make clear the mobility was that of the bike mechanic.

• Informative

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
  • Agree