Easy Come ....East Go...

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
Spotted this eBike "chained" up at work the other day.

Hope the owner realises, buy taking the front wheel off you can walk away with the best bits of the bike....

It was in a cage with a combination padlock on, but as it it used by all, I have often seen the padlock and the cage left open.

Not how I would leave my expensive eBike...

IMG-20180703-WA0000.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: TZC and LeighPing

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I hope you were kind enough to seek out the owner and inform them of there error.
Or are you just going to wait untill it's stolen so you can say "I just new that would happen"
Where I use to work that happened (just a lock around the front wheel) and it was stolen but also a well locked bike had its front wheel stolen, the thief rode away on a compete bike.

Gadfly

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2018
Lincolnshire
Can you remember a while back when a government minister's bike was photographed by the press chained around a three foot bollard? All the tea leaf had to do was lift it off the bollard. Mind you that was a government minister, you would expect better from a member of the electorate.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
On Monday we were in S. Sebastian and walking back to the train we saw a bike where a helpful person had undone the QR on the front wheel and set the bike down next to aforementioned wheel locked to the bike rack :)

Nothing like a bit of free education to teach the beginner how to lock his bike! :D

Reactions: chris_n

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Owner no where to be seen, or I would have said something. Would certainly not be me...
If it was where I worked, I make an effort to find the owner or atleast attach a small note to there padlock

TZC

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2014
That lock, too :(

I know what it is, bikehut, I have one. Lock the wheel to the bike with it only- They really oughtta get something better to lock the whole bike with too!

Related Articles

Advertisers