Easy Motion Atom Lynx 6 27.5 Pro the no-brainer choice over the Turbo Levo?

kenny77

Just Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Canada
I am down to choosing between 2 bikes (2018 models):

1. Easy Motion ATOM LYNX 6 27.5 PRO (price: $5799.00 US)
https://emotionbikesusa.com/atomx-lynx-6-pro/

2, Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Comp 6Fattie (price: $5500.00 US)
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mens-turbo-levo-fsr-comp-6fattie-29/p/129008?color=240244-129008

Both have as I understand the same motor: the new Brose Drive S.
But the battery on the East Motion is 720 Watts, while the battery on the Specialized is only
504 Watts.

Larger battery size - more range.

So does everyone agree the Easy Motion bike is the no-brainer choice over the Turbo Levo?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
If its a no brainer then why are you asking for a brains trust? .
Emotion as a brand would be respected.
The bigger battery is a bonus.. but unless you are going to be depleting the battery each go, its just an insurance policy. Do you see yourself going on 60 mile trips ?. Against that the bigger battery will always last longer ..
The thicker tyres on the fattie give a nicer ride. .. but would need the larger battery.
Its closer than 200 dollars or 200whrs might suggest.

Rutland Cycling

Trade Member
Sep 5, 2017
Rutland
Hi Kenny,

We would always recommend trying both bikes, even though the Atom has a larger battery and some differences in spec, the Levo does have quite a proven geometry that has been popular with riders in the UK for some time now.

As Danidl said above, the higher-rated battery will give you more range and will keep more capacity as it gets older but realistically are you going to go the extra distance? I have done quite big bike trips with some good climbs on the 460Wh Levo and have still had spare capacity when finishing for the day.

Both great bikes but for me personally, it would come down to how each of the bikes ride, rather than a slightly larger battery.

Luke