Ebay seller ' Electric Bike Conversions ' seem to be doing well :)

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Many months ago, a seller of electric bike conversion kits, conveniently named ' Electric Bike Conversions ', was mentioned on this forum:

Electric Bike Conversions

They were fairly new to the game, so didn't have much to go on concerning the quality of their kits or customer service.

Fast forward to now, and after looking at their feedback within the last few months, appear to be one to put on the short list for high quality kits at a good price.

They've got a few fully built bikes on there too, if kits aren't your cup of tea ;)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
no surprise there is absolutely no mention anywhere at all that it can't legally be used in the UK, on all but private land where the is no public access.

Check with any motorbike shop and you'll see this is very dangerous ground for any business to operate on. If any of his bikes are involved in an accident the consequences for the customer / rider and the business owner could be very serious.

Reactions: Gdread

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
no surprise there is absolutely no mention anywhere at all that it can't legally be used in the UK, on all but private land where the is no public access.

Check with any motorbike shop and you'll see this is very dangerous ground for any business to operate on. If any of his bikes are involved in an accident the consequences for the customer / rider and the business owner could be very serious.
Totally agree. A link to the current EAPC regulations on each listing, would allow customers to make an informed choice.

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
It is marked 250 watt but with a round green sticker not engraved. Also noticed the controller says 7 amps on it.I will take a photo and post it .I guess you will be able to id it d8veh

• Informative

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
as above .Would be interested to know what it is.

[bike wheel 2.jpg bike wheel 1.jpg

the controller is 7a rated 15 a max.
ive seen it peaking at about 400 w on the lcd display

Last edited:

SpezElec

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2015
Hi

I planning to buy the kit from this seller on Ebay and wondering if anyone can rate the quality of the components especially the 13 amp rated lipo.

Many Thanks

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Hi

I planning to buy the kit from this seller on Ebay and wondering if anyone can rate the quality of the components especially the 13 amp rated lipo.

Many Thanks
Firstly, welcome to the forum :)

I doubt if they're Samsung or Panasonic specced cells, just generic Chinese ones, but as the controllers are conservatively rated, this won't be a problem.

13Ah is a nice capacity for distance too!

The kits are incredibly well priced for what you get, and the feedback suggests that their customers are happy with the quality of the products and service.

Last edited:

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
I am on an budget and this my first build.I think this will be fit for my purpose.

Thanks
hi SpezElec, I have this kit (250 watt) I haven't tried it out on a long run yet but did 11 miles on power 2 yesterday with a few bursts of 3 and 4...just used a quarter battery... about what id expect... the kit seems good value with the only complaint being the lcd bracket being flimsy...I made up another one after over tightening the original and breaking. A very complete kit.. go for it.. I doubt you will be disappointed .. Regards

SpezElec

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2015
I did,search long and hard for nearly 36 hrs,cant make up my mind ,between geared and DD,small power or high power 1000watts,afraid of buying in BMS due to import duties,this afternoon after considering want I need it for for decided to convert my Sirrus instead of KHS alight,due to simplicity of the Sirrus,and he is the only on that stocks front drive 700c options and I think a good deal,I hope and cant wait.

Will keep you posted.

Reactions: electrickery

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
I did,search long and hard for nearly 36 hrs,cant make up my mind ,between geared and DD,small power or high power 1000watts,afraid of buying in BMS due to import duties,this afternoon after considering want I need it for for decided to convert my Sirrus instead of KHS alight,due to simplicity of the Sirrus,and he is the only on that stocks front drive 700c options and I think a good deal,I hope and cant wait.

Will keep you posted.

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
If you want range a 250 watt geared motor seems to work well..i rarely use power 5 except on steepest climbs , but I enjoy pedalling. I have my speed cut off at 28kph (16.5 mph) is perfect for mtb gearing.A little lower (13mph) will extend range especially on hilly terrain . Can be set higher also if you wish. I actually fancied the xiongda 2 speed hub motor, but couldn't resist this at the price. Very happy for my first build (2nd e bike). Maybe the xiongda later . :) Look forward to hearing what you think of the kit. btw I ordered over the phone lunchtime one day..it arrived the next day 1600 hours and was running 24 hours later.

SpezElec

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2015
hi electrickery, can you please tell me what is the width of that motor,I know your is rear drive and I have ordered a front drive, I am worried now that it might not fit on the on the rake fork of the Sirrus,as someone mentioned on the other post,thanks in advance,
yes the seller said it will delivered tomorrow..

SpezElec

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2015
bike fit when spot on, except that the magnetic sensor has no way of attaching so left loose but works okay at present,kit is complete ,seller is quick on delivery.

early stages,went for first ride 70 psi and 80 psi rear,rider weight 70 kg,achieved 17.8 avs and climbed 761 ft,aero on descents distance covered 15,6 miles top speed 31.8 mph,pedalling on big ring on the time,used half battery capacity,

happy with the assists,but find i need more power...

• Informative

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
Looks great spezElec. I think you will find range improves after a few charges. I just glued the sensor ring to the outside of bottom bracket with uhu.. Has worked fine.. Im not sure i need more power, I feel if I want to go fast I can use my motor bike..which incidentally has hardly been used this summer.. Clean w650 anyone ?