Ebike Vs uplift van?

Russelliow

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2017
iom
I want to go to bike park Wales with a mate who doesn't have an ebike. If he gets the van and I ride up , would we get there at a similar time?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you ride in front of the van and dont let it overtake you then yes:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I want to go to bike park Wales with a mate who doesn't have an ebike. If he gets the van and I ride up , would we get there at a similar time?
Depends on if you are both on the same ferry from the Isle of Man. :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Also is it daft to ride with deore calipers? Only ridden bike parks with good brakes before.
the rotors and pads will prob take a hammering i had to change my rotors to hope 2 part ones as i set fire to the rear at the fod and pads was shot.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the bike stops then shouldn't be no issue.

D

Deleted member 4366

No. You should catch him up at Douglas, while waiting for the ferry, and you'll be together on the ferry, but you've got no chance of keeping up with him all the way from Liverpool.

Of course, if you ride up onto the van, there's a pretty fair chance that you'll arrive at the same time.

Rutland Cycling

Trade Member
Sep 5, 2017
Rutland
You'd be looking at a pretty similar time in getting to the top, the only difference you'd be looking at is the amount of runs, you should get 4 runs to the top dependant on bike/battery/how much pedalling you're doing yourself.

In terms of the brakes, Deore brakes are pretty reliable and should do the job perfectly fine dependant on how hard you're riding. Id just recommend having a spare set of pads with you!

Luke

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
the first response first aider can get to the top before the van with defib kit.
But as said before you can get 4-5 runs from average set up.
Maybe more if you find the direct route.
I think 7 runs would flat my 500 Wh battery on Yamaha motor.

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
the first response first aider can get to the top before the van with defib kit.
But as said before you can get 4-5 runs from average set up.
Maybe more if you find the direct route.
I think 7 runs would flat my 500 Wh battery on Yamaha motor.
What transport does the first aider use??..4-5 runs from average set up?dunno bout that...I,ve gone down from top to bottom a few times the road/track way takes me bout 7 mins going pretty fast.. it,s one hell of a climb up..i rekon 2 maybe 3 peddles up would flatten my 400w batt..anyways..

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
first aider uses a trek powerfly.
Road is a long way, 25 mins on a non-pedalec.
As I said you need to find the direct route.
My 500 Wh battery will see about 7 runs.
I tend to pedal up then spend a while sectioning just the top sections,
Melted wellie, wibbly wobbly, sixtapod. Then a run down on blue belle, willy waver or hot stepper.
Waiting for a bit dryer trails before I try out root manoeuvres.

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
Not arguing with ewe mr goose...aint no way you going from bottom to top 7 times on 500w batt..less you use lowest setting an going up 7 times will kill ewe dead.you me bretheren..I ain,t arguing.

Related Articles

Advertisers