ebiking in torrential rain /what mode throttle/pas or no assist?

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi all in the 4 years ive had an ebike kudos vita uno rear hub/3 speed led handlebar unit, I have only been caught in heavy rain twice.

my local supermarket is 3 miles away and in most cases if it looks like its going to to be heavy rain I go into highest assist and get home.

today a toss up between bus pass bashing, and ebiking chose to cycle on my Carrera subway tdz2 moter large lcd display/thumb throttle , left bike with carrier bag over lcd and throttle.

the heavens opened torrential rain for 4 hours with no let up, so decided to ride unpowered for a short while, was a bit wary of using pas, with a carrier bag over lcd and thumb throttle I used throttle and got home.

looking at the lcd it seems ok no water ingress (I hope)

but what do other members do just ride as normal ?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
ride as normal but you need to wipe down the bike and dry it as soon as possible afterwards.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
KT LCD is pretty much watertight. The ones with a button battery in them less so. You throttle isn't going to be watertight. PAS is submersible from what I have seen, I don't know if the capter is potted but being placed where it is it needs to be very water resistant even if it isn't raining (puddles for example).