Edge.bike Fat Bike review

edge.bike

Trade Member
Jul 13, 2017
London
Hi
It's emails like the one we received below from a new customer that really make our day !
(Customer is happy us to share his details if anyone is facing a similar challenge)

Peter, a 68 year old keen walker and off road cyclist, restricted a little by heart disease - not much! An expert in rehab recovery due to illness and accident damage over the last eighteen years, I had heart surgery in 2012 (stents sorting out damage from 2012) rehab, followed by an accident at work falling over in the back of my lorry, head, shoulder and hip injuries. Fractured hip resulted in surgery and a lot of soft tissue interference and damage to my left quadricep muscle. All of this compounded with another cardiac issue last December resulted in five months of no exercise at all and consequent weight gain. Side effects of medication and the weight have resulted in extreme difficulty walking or cycling.

During a visit to show earlier this year I happened upon your stand in the retail area and was very taken with all of the Edge ebike models. I tested the hybrid and the Fat bike, falling in love with the Fat bike immediately, everything about this machine is just perfect. Ultra cool styling, excellent product quality and finish and a real go anywhere tough bicycle.

I took my time thinking about purchase and following recent medical issues related to medication side effects, finally decided to take the plunge and take advantage of your very generous seven day trial offer. You were and are very confident the trial results in purchase and of course, I will be keeping my bike!

This bicycle is a serious go anywhere machine and inspires confidence almost immediately, I have ridden my old off road bike once in five years and it was serious hard work, too much wobbling about, lack of confidence and in a lot of circumstances potentially dangerous. Virtually all of my riding has been along and close to the Coventry canal which has an excellent hard core tow path.

Edgar, my new bike with his big fat tyres is awesome, built in suspension in the tyres, no wobbling and great stability anywhere. Easy riding on level ground without e assistance and that lovely reassuring feeling that we can handle anything in our path. Snow, soft sand, mud, anything and the stabilty in soft going is superb and confidence inspiring.

There are no doubts in my mind that this machine will change my life significantly and I will regain my health, fitness and mobility and be able to maintain this lifestyle for many years to come. Last week my most treasured possesion was my Kindle Fire and was certainly looking to be a great deal more use with my lack of mobility. If I had to make a choice right now between Edgar and my Kindle, no contest, Edgar is the clear winner! Looking forward to a bit warmer weather for longer rides, and I must report with all afternoon out yesterday, battery was still showing full charge at the end.

I am over the moon Sam, you have been a delight to deal with all along, great service and cooperation, sourcing the mudguards all at your expense, fantastic product and fantastic customer service. Well done!

When the rest of the parts arrive the machine will undergo special prep and ceramic coating which protects all the surfaces and makes a wash down very simple. If you have any interest in this process, dont hesitate.

I sincerely hope all of this is of use to you and I am quite happy to help you and promote your brand. Many thanks.