eggriderV2

Tony W

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 27, 2018
Derby
a first attempt at a review.
I pre-ordered the eggriderv2 for the Bafang BBSHD and it arrived last Saturday morning, so between earning a living and domestic chores it has had a bit of a run out.
First is the handlebar displayeggriderv2.jpg

Very small, has all the essential information clearly displayed. It simply replaces the Bafang display and buttons. Pressing the M button changes the mode to either on road or off road. The arrow buttons change the assist level.
This device then connects to the mobile app by Bluetooth on my android phone. Below is a phone screen capture video of the app running on a short ride up the lane.It then shows some of the other features such has the screens for configures the Bafang controller. It finishes with some of the trip analysis screens.

So having played with the Eggrider for a few days I am very pleased. For general use the small handlebar display is all I need to see most of the time. The phone can show larger detail or stay in my pocket.
What I really like is been able to see battery voltage and how power is been used. Then using the android app to analyse individual trips is great. Being able to configure the controller as well seems to make this complete. Its a lot easier than plugging the controller into the laptop. So far the developers have covered all the requirements I was looking for and included it all in one application.eggrideronmobile.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tommie

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Good review tony,
Been emailing these folk for a while,
tell me have they pin coded the change between `road` and `Off Road`?
To me this is an important feature, i wouldn`t want my `off road` settings to be easily accessed if you know what i mean!
Have the BBSHD as well.

Tony W

Apr 27, 2018
Derby
Good review tony,
Been emailing these folk for a while,
tell me have they pin coded the change between `road` and `Off Road`?
To me this is an important feature, i wouldn`t want my `off road` settings to be easily accessed if you know what i mean!
Have the BBSHD as well.
Not that I can see. Its something I would not use. On the handlebar display the M button changes road/offroad which is very convenient, I would not want to have to put a pin in. That would need to be done on the android or IOS device. So if they introduce a pin in the app hopefully it will be just an option.
It looks like the developers are currently dealing with the bugs in the software, which may have lot of scope for nice refinements as it develops.

Last edited:

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Just this minute had a mail back from Emil saying this would be implemented in the next couple of weeks, concentrating on eliminating software bugs atm.
I want my BBS to `appear` as legal as possible. That won`t happen if for example all plod has to do after an accident is press the `M` button and then `Oh dear sir you appear to be totally illegal, how unfortunate for you`.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
a first attempt at a review.
I pre-ordered the eggriderv2 for the Bafang BBSHD and it arrived last Saturday morning, so between earning a living and domestic chores it has had a bit of a run out.
First is the handlebar displayView attachment 24796

Very small, has all the essential information clearly displayed. It simply replaces the Bafang display and buttons. Pressing the M button changes the mode to either on road or off road. The arrow buttons change the assist level.
This device then connects to the mobile app by Bluetooth on my android phone. Below is a phone screen capture video of the app running on a short ride up the lane.It then shows some of the other features such has the screens for configures the Bafang controller. It finishes with some of the trip analysis screens.

So having played with the Eggrider for a few days I am very pleased. For general use the small handlebar display is all I need to see most of the time. The phone can show larger detail or stay in my pocket.
What I really like is been able to see battery voltage and how power is been used. Then using the android app to analyse individual trips is great. Being able to configure the controller as well seems to make this complete. Its a lot easier than plugging the controller into the laptop. So far the developers have covered all the requirements I was looking for and included it all in one application.View attachment 24795
Can I have a photo of the back of the unit please? I want to see if I can modify the mounting to fit on the trike bars.

Tony W

Apr 27, 2018
Derby
Here are the images of the back. The photos on the handlebar (25mm XC alloy riser bar) were taken with the eggrider loose to turn it around the bar. The one with the bigger gap was to show it just catching the thread.
SGJ_4804.jpg SGJ_4805.jpg SGJ_4807.jpg SGJ_4808.jpg SGJ_4811.jpg SGJ_4812.jpg SGJ_4813.jpg SGJ_4814.jpg SGJ_4817.jpg SGJ_4818.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else

Last edited:
  • Useful
  • Offensive Language
Reactions: Jimo and tommie

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Ta much! Looks like I will be able to screw an adaptor on to make it sit the other way on the bars.

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
Here are the images of the back. The photos on the handlebar (25mm XC alloy riser bar) were taken with the eggrider loose to turn it around the bar. The one with the bigger gap was to show it just catching the thread.
View attachment 24954 View attachment 24955 View attachment 24956 View attachment 24957 View attachment 24958 View attachment 24959 View attachment 24960 View attachment 24961 View attachment 24962 View attachment 24963

Let me know if you need anything else
Hi Tony...I'm looking at buying the eggrider v2 and a 500w motor from egg bikes, do you have any updates...it looks amazing...I would love the freedom of checking my history and adjusting settings to try and get more range or power when needed...

Tony W

Apr 27, 2018
Derby
Hi Tony...I'm looking at buying the eggrider v2 and a 500w motor from egg bikes, do you have any updates...it looks amazing...I would love the freedom of checking my history and adjusting settings to try and get more range or power when needed...
Tim, I have used the eggrider app since it arrived and it has done what it said on the tin. The developers have dealt with the glitches and seem to be adding to the app. Once I started using it I have never considered reverting to the original Bafang display.

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
Tim, I have used the eggrider app since it arrived and it has done what it said on the tin. The developers have dealt with the glitches and seem to be adding to the app. Once I started using it I have never considered reverting to the original Bafang display.
Thanks for the update...the two guys who designed it seem to have a very impressive history

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The android app is now in the google app store :) the bars look empty without the bafang display now to hide all the excess cables

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
The android app is now in the google app store :) the bars look empty without the bafang display now to hide all the excess cables
I ordered mine last night, the 2 guys are super helpful. I took pictures of my wires and they are making me up a connector for it...looking forward to playing with it...didn't think it would add many wires? More cable ties lol

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
It does not add wires but the excess is from the brakes and loom length will pop them in small water proof bag
I don't use the brake cables any way. I wired a stop switch into one of the brake lever wires and cable tied it under my seat just in case of any throttle problems...

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Not sure about that rode the zobop in anger almost needed clean underwear :eek::oops:went up the same hill as the youngsters on trials bikes and then turned round and came back down got the comment arnt you to old for this :confused:

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
Not sure about that rode the zobop in anger almost needed clean underwear :eek::oops:went up the same hill as the youngsters on trials bikes and then turned round and came back down got the comment arnt you to old for this :confused:
LoL... good on you...I'm 34, and my son often tells me I'm old...starting to feel it at times...

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I am semi retired and growing older disgracefully:rolleyes: as the grand kids say and spending their inheritance as fast as I can:D

Last edited:

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
I am semi retired and growing older disgracefully:rolleyes: as the grand kids say and spending their inheritance as fast as I can:D
I intend on spending all my money on myself once the kids have left home, I hope they don't expect this "inheritance" some ppl talk of lol