electric bike for small lady with neck and back problems?

Emmaf

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2018
Newcastle upon tyne
Hi, i'm looking for an electric bike for myself, and i'm 5ft 2inches and had major back surgery a year ago, and neck surgery two years ago. I have tried the 'chic' roo bike which i liked, but wasn't on it long enough to see if it was suitable, and also a
Kalkhoff Jubilee Move i7 2018 Step-Through Electric Bike and another one with straight handlebars, both which caused neck, shoulder and back pain. I really am a bit stuck as to what is out there that would be suitable for me, given my problems and would appreciate any help with this? tahanks Emma
Kalkhoff Jubilee Move i7 2018 Step-Through Electric Bike

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Emmaf, please check out the Woosh Petite, it offers a comfortable riding position for the smaller riders, does not need much effort at all to climb hills.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?petite

Emmaf

May 10, 2018
Newcastle upon tyne
Emmaf, please check out the Woosh Petite, it offers a comfortable riding position for the smaller riders, does not need much effort at all to climb hills.

Thanks

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Emmaf, I'll ask hatti to get in touch with you on Monday when we get back to work.
Thank you for looking.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Checkout Gepida reptila 900 has smaller 26" wheels. My wife has found it to very comfortable and better fit than previous 28" wheel bike. Excellent build with good components.

Given you back problems I'd fit a suspension seat post like Suntour NCX or Thudbuster to whatever bike you buy.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi, i'm looking for an electric bike for myself, and i'm 5ft 2inches and had major back surgery a year ago, and neck surgery two years ago. I have tried the 'chic' roo bike which i liked, but wasn't on it long enough to see if it was suitable, and also a
Kalkhoff Jubilee Move i7 2018 Step-Through Electric Bike and another one with straight handlebars, both which caused neck, shoulder and back pain. I really am a bit stuck as to what is out there that would be suitable for me, given my problems and would appreciate any help with this? tahanks Emma
Hi Emma
We have two bikes that might be suitable, but our nearest stockist is 51 miles from you at Guisburgh. You could try our Classic or Poco step-through bikes. It would be well worth the trip as you should really try as many bikes as possible to make sure you get the best fit, especially with your ailments. Our Guisburgh stockist has many other brands available to try, so if a Juicy isn't suitable you stand a good chance of finding another. You can find all our stockists here.
Good luck with your search!

Emmaf

May 10, 2018
Newcastle upon tyne
Checkout Gepida reptila 900 has smaller 26" wheels. My wife has found it to very comfortable and better fit than previous 28" wheel bike. Excellent build with good components.

Given you back problems I'd fit a suspension seat post like Suntour NCX or Thudbuster to whatever bike you buy.

Thank you very much for that info. The problem I have is trying them out first, as the two I have tried flared my back and neck pain up so much.

KwikFold

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2018
Midlands
www.kwikfold.co.uk
Hi there

Thanks for your enquiry,

Have you considered a KwikFold bike before? Our Xite 3 boats Shimano 7 gears, LCD display, hand polished components and customised motor and a Samsung battery.

Our bike wheels are 16" but with chunky tyres so road performance isn't compromised, but offers great ride ability particularly for the more petite rider.

Also we have good feedback from customers with similar aches and pains who love our products.

Furthermore, our product is designed to fold and unfold, when in its folded form you can wheel it along so there is no need to carry it or place in a bag unlike many other folders on the market.

Here is the weblink:
https://www.kwikfold.co.uk

Kind regards

Josh

Emmaf

May 10, 2018
Newcastle upon tyne
Hi Emma
We have two bikes that might be suitable, but our nearest stockist is 51 miles from you at Guisburgh. You could try our Classic or Poco step-through bikes. It would be well worth the trip as you should really try as many bikes as possible to make sure you get the best fit, especially with your ailments. Our Guisburgh stockist has many other brands available to try, so if a Juicy isn't suitable you stand a good chance of finding another. You can find all our stockists here.
Good luck with your search!

Hi there

Thanks for your enquiry,

Have you considered a KwikFold bike before? Our Xite 3 boats Shimano 7 gears, LCD display, hand polished components and customised motor and a Samsung battery.

Our bike wheels are 16" but with chunky tyres so road performance isn't compromised, but offers great ride ability particularly for the more petite rider.

Also we have good feedback from customers with similar aches and pains who love our products.

Furthermore, our product is designed to fold and unfold, when in its folded form you can wheel it along so there is no need to carry it or place in a bag unlike many other folders on the market.

Here is the weblink:
https://www.kwikfold.co.uk

Kind regards

Josh
Thank you Josh the problem I have is trying the bike before I buy, I really need a supplier near to me in Newcastle upon Tyne. Do you know when you may stock them near me?
Yes I have considered a recumbent, but not good for the roads. Also interested in the juicy bikes but again no one near me stocks them

KwikFold

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2018
Midlands
www.kwikfold.co.uk
Thank you Josh the problem I have is trying the bike before I buy, I really need a supplier near to me in Newcastle upon Tyne. Do you know when you may stock them near me?
Yes I have considered a recumbent, but not good for the roads. Also interested in the juicy bikes but again no one near me stocks them
I can arrange a test ride for you, I have sent you a private message