Elephant bike conversion

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Well I have two bikes with TSDZ2s fitted.
I upgraded both to the open source firmware without any problem and this improved the performance slightly.
The one on the elephant bike experienced a torque sensor failure. However the opensource firmware allowed me to keep using it in cadence mode. For the use this bike gets, pottering into town for shopping etc, this is probably an improved operating mode.
The other unit is working fine without problems.
Hop you don't mind asking, but what version of the OSF are you using? Are you running the same firmware version on both your TSDZ2s?

TJS109

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2017
Glos
Hop you don't mind asking, but what version of the OSF are you using? Are you running the same firmware version on both your TSDZ2s?

I am using the older revert 20.1.c.1 from this Github page https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1
as I have not bothered to upgrade to the latest.
Same version on both bikes one in cadence mode and one in hybrid mode.
I prefer hybrid mode but you do need a working torque sensor :)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I am using the older revert 20.1.c.1 from this Github page https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1
as I have not bothered to upgrade to the latest.
Same version on both bikes one in cadence mode and one in hybrid mode.
I prefer hybrid mode but you do need a working torque sensor :)
The developer has listed "2 - Improved torque sensor calibration." as one of the improvements in C.2, what are the chances that the toque sensor issue on your elephant bike is a firmware bug, rather than hardware failure? Please note that I am by no means encouraging you to try the C.2 firmware. Also, I don't own a TSDZ and am quite happy with my bbs01b. This is simply idle interest.

Last edited:

TJS109

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2017
Glos
The developer has listed "2 - Improved torque sensor calibration." as one of the improvements in C.2, what are the chances that the toque sensor issue on your elephant bike is a firmware bug, rather than hardware failure? Please note that I am by no means encouraging you to try the C.2 firmware. Also, I don't own a TSDZ and am quite happy with my bbs01b. This is simply idle interest.
Pretty low I re-loaded the standard stock firmware as a test and had the same result.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney