Elife Explorer 36v 250w Electric Folding Bike with 20inch Wheel

vince43

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 16, 2013
See Ideal World have this ebike for £499.99.
Anybody have any comments good or bad about this bike.
It normally retails for £699.99 but has £200 off just for today.

Thanks
Vince

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For the money I don't think you can go far wrong, it has to be very good value for a cheap 36v folding bike. We have mentioned it a few times on here previously. The electrics will be Chinese and fairly simply to rectify, replace or upgrade if anything goes wrong in the future. Likewise for the battery, though no reason why it shouldn't give 2 -3 years good use if used regular and battery cared for.
Claimed mileage may be wishful, though in very low power mode you might get near it for the first year being a new battery. Good thing about China drive bikes is the ease to parallel wire in any other reasonably smaller and light lithium battery in a pannier or small top rack bag for range or to give extended battery longevity/life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I think it's very good for £500. ideal World normally have a good returns policy, so you can send it back if you don't like it.

coinshooter

Just Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Just purchase the Elife La Grande , brilliant value for a high spec bike , but battery bracket has cracked due to weight of battery , shame looks like design fault

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The electric side of these cheap bikes appear to be fine, the issue does appear to be cheap components that are causing niggly faults.
Handle bars & seat posts have had issues with the clamps not holding up very well, though these can most likely be upgraded with an after market product.
Also read of a rim cracking wrong but generally these will be basic light rims I suspect and not up to potholes or kerb jumping.