elysium shaft drive folding ebike

vince43

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 16, 2013
Looking at buying elysium shaft drive folding ebike to use on holidays in my motorhome.
My concern is the battery is only 6.6ah and I don't know if I can fit a bigger battery as it fits inside the frame.
It will just be used to cycle around towpaths and villages not for any long rides. I'm 75years old so don't want to spend a fortune on a bike I might not use for most of the year.
Anybody got one or opinions about the bike

Thanks
Vince

vince43

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 16, 2013
It's heavy for a small bike, heavier than my full size bike. The Kudos Secret is 5kg lighter with a much bigger battery.
Thanks for the reply. The 6.6ah battery was a concern.
I will look around for something lighter.
Thanks

jwm

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2014
Hampshire
I've ridden the elysium and own a Kudos secret. The real plus is the shaft drive and I was surprised how well the battery lasted. However gearing and weight was an issue. Thoug the big issue for me was the support I got, the reason I had the eysium was the shaft bike I had from the same supplier spent three months with them with three returns... bike would come back and electrics stop working within three miles... in the end returned and got a refund.

The Kudos has been briliant, a good price, components have been good and whilst I have had no warranty claims, comms with Kudos have been great. My only criticism would be the three speed settings, though this is the same on the elysium too and I could change this to an lcd if I was really bothered.

The Secret is my wifes bike, I had just converted a Tern with a BBS01 and did regret doing this when the Secret arrived. When the Tern dies I'll either adopt the Secret or get another.

John

Reactions: topographer