eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Roll on the next rattle that will surely at some point appear.
Like you, I also find that rattles are thankfully few and far between. I did have one yesterday that traced back to the battery mount of the bike light, which was a quick and easy fix. I also have a very annoying sharp crack sound coming from my carbon fibre pedal mtb, which I think that I have now possibly traced to the seat post. That is despite going over and over that one. In the process though, I have discovered that Fox forks have a warranty issue with the some of the 34 range making a cracking sound, which is due to a mismatch with the fork crown. Funny what you can learn by trying to track a problem down.

Anyway, here are three photos from a very dull and boring ride yesterday evening. I've made it half way up this bank, and I'm determined that one day I shall make it to the top without getting off. It is steeper than it looks.

z2ed.jpg

One section that I always enjoy riding.

z3ed.jpg

And of course the Scott 720, all ready for some night riding fun.

s1.JPG

I'm heading back out again this evening on the KTM, to do a spot of trail clearing, in readiness for an organised group ride.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Eddie if it looks steep in a photograph, and it does, it has to be pretty steep.

From the look of it traction or lack off combined with the steepness as well as the odd helpfully exposed root seems to combine to make it quite a hard one to crack.

I cannot tell from your photograph what sort of run up you might have at it to get some momentum on board before you hit it. Momentum is king when trying to crack a slope like that. Great feeling if you ever manage it though.

Maybe the best time to have got up it would have been in the middle of the heatwave when traction might have been as good as it will get.

Especially with your huge low pressure tubeless tyres!

I had a rooty rocky technical climb close to me that I took a while to find the right approach to get up on an unassisted mountain bike. Then I told some local younger mountain bikers from the pub/local village who had assumed the route I had used was not possible that I had got up it and that led to one of them getting up it and proudly telling me he had. Not as difficult as the one you show in your picture.

The pictures you show do not make it look that boring ride.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Sadly what you see is the run up to the bank. guess that there a Flatbush section of about 2.4metres, then a stream. In reality I don't think that I shall ever get up it. The branch from the beech tree doesn't help, but I don't want to cut that down, as it is currently helping to prevent horse riders from attempting the bank, and crazily I seen the evidence of attempts.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Set off at 7:00AM for work and wore long sleeved top under a wind proof cycling jacket, wool gloves and cycling track suit style leggings for the first time after all the heat of our departing summer. I quickly discarded the jacket after warming up. It was quite nippy with a distinctly autumnal feel, though with bright sunshine to begin to warm things up.
Ride to work 17 August 18 001.JPG
Noticeable from the off was the blissful silence from the bike that had annoyingly rattled last time out after which I had taken the battery clamp/locking mechanism apart and re adjusted the clamp and tightened everything so that the battery was held nice and securely but not had chance to test ride it but now know that it had done the trick.
Ride to work 17 August 18 004.JPG
Morning has broken --- Lovely morning sunshine over a field of maze with view towards Shackleford.

When I got to Cut Mill Pond there was a filigree layer of mist burning off and I disturbed a pair of Heron who ponderously took flight.
Ride to work 17 August 18 005.JPG
Quite hard to see in the photograph but a beautiful sight.
Ride to work 17 August 18 006.JPG
Smoke on the water. Disappearing morning mist.

My last picture is of a cracking bit of single track that descends to where I cross the B3001 at Charleshill before a Byway that connects me over to Tilford and due to the gentle downhill gradient can be cycled at around 20mph with the motor off before a short sharp uphill section requires some help from the motor.

Ride to work 17 August 18 007.JPG
Then another blissfully silent 10 miles B road return home.

14 mainly off road miles to work used 28% of a full battery using lowest assist or off. 10 Miles road return used 33% of a full battery using lowest eco and middle standard to travel faster. 400Wh battery. Odometer now showing 9716 miles since purchasing the bike in March 2015.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Not long now before we embark on our trip to Glenrinnes just a couple of weeks to go.Looking forward to Glenlivet for some fun and the there seems to be a lot of natural trails close by. Might do Laggan Wolf and then there's the whole of Aviemore :D. Can't wait.
Tubeless tyres seem so much better and I've changed the nobby nics for the minions (same as what's on his bike), so excited I'm all packed ready to go. It'll be using the haibikes in the mean time.

Nefarious

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2016
South Yorkshire; S11
Not long now before we embark on our trip to Glenrinnes just a couple of weeks to go.Looking forward to Glenlivet for some fun and the there seems to be a lot of natural trails close by. Might do Laggan Wolf and then there's the whole of Aviemore :D. Can't wait.
Tubeless tyres seem so much better and I've changed the nobby nics for the minions (same as what's on his bike), so excited I'm all packed ready to go. It'll be using the haibikes in the mean time.
Noob question ... do you find that tubeless tires need topping up more often??

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i check mine every 3 months and top up if needed 2 min job ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Nefarious

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
Early Morning ride out on Sunday before it got too hot, one of my favourite places right by the sea at the end of the runway of Paphos Airport, the view of the aircraft taking off and landing is brilliant.

My bike looks red in the pictures due to the sun just rising.
20180902_070100.jpg
20180902_070108.jpg
20180902_070124.jpg
20180902_070142.jpg

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
I haven't had to top up as yet, but they've not been on that long to know.
Not too bad to set up though, thought it would be harder. Been advised to top up 3 monthly, but to spin the wheels at least very 2 weeks if I don't use the bike.....no chance of that one ;)

• :D
Reactions: Nefarious

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
No ride photo, but I have just found a clip that I haven't previously seen of the local playground. We had a brilliant group night ride here last night, and I came very close to having my first 'off' for a couple of years. Thankfully nearly's don't count. :)

I never get bored of this place, and what they have shown here, doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what is there.

Reactions: georgehenry

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
I did some enduro today :) tried to push my new fork a little. Had the pump with me so I have tuned in the fork now. It's damn nice now actually! It feels like a good bike now :) what a difference a good fork does!

20180906_163144_HDR.jpg
20180906_162405.jpg

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales

Related Articles

Advertisers