Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its a old pic and its changed now ;)
DSC_0703_02.JPG

JohnF

Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2017
Ilkley
The wind and sun of the last few days has dried things out, so I ventured out on my Trek Powerfly 5 FS.
I rode from Clapham in North Yorkshire, climbing to overlook Crummackdale before a descent of the dale to Feizor, Austwick, and back to Clapham. In the twelve miles of the route everything was packed in, including stony tracks, broad grassy upland paths, and narrow singletrack with clapper bridges over streams. The Yorkshire Dales limestone gleaming in the sunlight, and in Feizor, a great little cafe tucked away in a small hamlet that was doing a roaring trade.
A brilliant ride that I am sure to repeat very soon, and the e-bike makes it so much fun!

Attachments

JohnF

Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2017
Ilkley
Hi, Simon and thanks for the link. There look to be some excellent rides there.
I sourced the ride I described from the excellent book by Keith Bradbury - Cycling the Pennine Bridleway, published by Cicerone.
I am retired so have the luxury of weekday cycling:):)

Lawsinho

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 3, 2017
Burnley
Been a while since I've done any leisure rides but managed to get out on Sunday for a ride from Burnley into the Forest of Bowland, finishing in Newton for a pint in the Parkers. 16 miles. Nice. IMG_0362.JPGIMG_0364.JPG

Then todays commute again from Burnley over to Heywood. Usual road stuff so nothing to write home about but a cracking view of Pendle Hill as I crossed over the hill from Rawtenstall on my way home. IMG_0370.JPG

Approaching 500 miles now on the Haibike since I bought it in September, which I'm ecstatic with. Even better my planned rides in the lake district are coming up soon so hopefully some videos will be following as I take them.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

there you go eddie a skid lid and a splat hat in one ;)

Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I wonder how easily that the peak comes off when caught or impacted. I have had several neck jarring incidents where the helmet peak has been caught and ripped off, and I'm rapidly going off having one fitted.

I managed to put yet another dent in the top of my Met helmet last week, during the Orange bikes demo day. I clouted a low hanging branch, that I just didn't see. Looking at the scratch and dent, I was just glad to be wearing a helmet. Not that the impact did my neck any favours either.

A very pleasant and chilled ride yesterday.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just remove the 3 screws and just remove it :)

JohnF

Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2017
Ilkley
I wonder how easily that the peak comes off when caught or impacted. I have had several neck jarring incidents where the helmet peak has been caught and ripped off, and I'm rapidly going off having one fitted.

I managed to put yet another dent in the top of my Met helmet last week, during the Orange bikes demo day. I clouted a low hanging branch, that I just didn't see. Looking at the scratch and dent, I was just glad to be wearing a helmet. Not that the impact did my neck any favours either.

A very pleasant and chilled ride yesterday.

Some imaginative photography there

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0704_01.JPG DSC_0705_01.JPG
;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Pictures from my Sunday early morning ride to the Akamas Peninsula which is a large country park area, with lots of off road trails.

View attachment 18643 View attachment 18644
Looks a fab area to be in.. how do you get on with the water bottle? Does it get in the way at all? It's the one thing I don't like about mine.. no where to put one..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so what batt ran out first then ;)

Related Articles

Advertisers