eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

trouty

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2016
west yorkshire BD20
Best day of the easter break today here in the dales so a ride was called for .
so rode from home into the dales . I had the email that I had lost the Kom on Mastiles lane so an attempt to get it back was in order full gas was used .

the whole ride is here https://www.strava.com/activities/946410592

Battery went flat 50 mtrs from my house but legs had died long before that

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Alright, I'm almost done fixing my bike. If just the post would work I would have been done by now. But well, the one who waits.... :)

Baking the chain here :)

Chain baking
by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

Meanwhile having some smoky drinks which I bought in London when I was there over easter holiday. Both are very smoky! Very nice.

Smoky Competion
by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

Btw... have mounted some various small upgrades like this saddle clamp with rack mounts built in! Fantastic.

P1010273.jpg

Reactions: IR772 and EddiePJ

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
Looks a fab area to be in.. how do you get on with the water bottle? Does it get in the way at all? It's the one thing I don't like about mine.. no where to put one..
The water bottle has the screws already in the frame, not a problem I have got used to it, yes it is a nice area no made up roads for miles.
Another Picture
20170416_082430.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Philip McMahon

Just Joined
Jul 14, 2014
I've been looking at e bikes for a while, well a year. Finally bit the bullit and bought a Levo. I've purely bought it as a way to get more trails in and have to say after some miles this week that this bike is awesome. Have ridden some local trails and headed to Ae forest today and had a great ride. So good in fact when I got home I headed out again. 37 miles and 3800dt and 24% battery left. Very impressed at how capable this bike is.

Attachments

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
...still no package with the spare parts. Contacted postal office, they say they can't find the package. So they will try to investigate it. Propably I will have to do a complaint (is that the word?) on Bike-Discount and order the stuff again :( so that will take a few weeks more.

Got tired of waiting so I stripped my other 10-speed bike and stole my old proven XT-derallieur! Only problem is that it has no clutch so the chain suck problem appeared, really bad, but I fixed that (see other thread). So now I hope it's rideable again.

P1010302.jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A short 30 mile ride out late a.m around 4 wooded local areas. I'm fed up with having a sweaty back and carrying a spare battery and all my tools etc in a back pack so I treated myself and got a Thule pack n pedal rack for my full sus Cube AMS and for use on my Boardman, Handling was good and had no issue weaving between trees and and narrow trails. I've extended and adapted the feed supply so now can carry my Oxydrive batteries for power as well as my new 16ah graphene's.

Thule rack £72 and side pannier racks £21, Basil tour small panniers £21. Panniers were cheap and cheerful but the design and material look and feel very strong. Top is padded and looks like it should be quite waterproof also has 3 flexible nylon inserts to keep the shape and stiffness.
DSCF0686.JPG

Also carried on with the spending and in CRC's discount sale got 2 pairs of the base model Shimano SPD pedals with narrow platforms.
DSCF0687.JPG

And a pair of SPD shoes for £29, these were marked down 60%, very comfy shoes and fit was perfect. I only fell over once on a tight turn as wasn't able to unclip quickly enough. Not watertight as got a wet foot later on.
DSCF0688.JPG

Thule rack and Basil panniers not to wide or overly large, a perfect solution for my riding as often I go on 50- 60 mile rides and on really nice days 70-100. I also bought one of their special stick kick stands.
DSCF0689.JPG

Bluebells out all over the place.
DSCF0691.JPG

This field of Winter sown OSR was 1 km long by approx. 1/3 km wide so about 85acres, I have been keeping an eye on it as my bees have been paying it a lot of attention over the last 3 weeks.
DSCF0693.JPG

Finally for today bit of X stream riding.
DSCF0694.JPG

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your bike has the Paris-Dakar look.
I guess so. The panniers can carry at the mo a min of 40ah plus spare tubes ,tools, chain ,brakepads, co2 pump and air pump, wet weather jacket and food etc. The under cross bar bag carries my house keys ,phone,Fuji s5800 and other goodies. Despite all the extras the weight isn't noticeable for general tour off /adventure offroad exploring, it's even quite good on tight winding trails, though is not ideal for fast down hill or quick going over very rough/bumpy terrain.
I have the panniers as far forward as I can get them and my heels just miss them by 1/2" also the cleats on the shoes are placed to allow my feet to be as afar forward on the pedals as possible.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: IR772

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Don't know why I haven't gone down the SPD route before now as it felt so natural riding clipped in, I may slacken off the tension another turn but generally I had no real issue de-clipping accept for the one comical fall over. Another plus I topped out at 26mph on the flat as I was also adding power on the up stroke.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they look like paddles lol.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0714_02.JPG
dont think i can make it any more less cluttered than that ;)

Related Articles

Advertisers