eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Eckythump

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
North Yorkshire Moors
Sounds like it maybe needs that service, my non stealth has been faultless for well over a year on my analogue bike.
Might be worth sticking the lower hose guide by the post clamp just in case the hose is getting crimped.
Seems like the whole world is starting to hate on the Rockshox post. The Fox & Thompson alternatives are becoming popular.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its a 2014 post so done its job but the cost of a full service is just not worth it now imo.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
only thing i can find is some ppl dont like the delay from the remote but id take that over bleeding this thing every 8 weeks and its just getting worse.

and no wires :)
agree if it works, but version 1, usually have niggles. i will be tempted once all niggles sorted.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
mine is a v1 reverb just i want something more simple to service it my self and no cable as i cant run a stealth post or rear shock remote.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
I have a Thompson Covert, and a cheaper XLC something with no remote (under saddle lever). Satisfied with both, for what they are used for (can sometime miss remote on the cheaper but I don't use it the same way so I think it is quite ok anyway)

Reactions: Eckythump

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Both of my Reverb Stealth dropper posts perform without fault. Or rather after the 2015 version was replaced with the 2016 version, when it failed on the first ride. I did rather well out of that though, as the post was bought half price because of the introduction of the new version, and was replaced within three working days, including postage, with the updated version.

Sambal Oelek, I am interested to hear more about the under lever operated seat post that you have. Is the seat post is 27.2mm, and if so, how do you find the operation of the unit?

I'm currently thinking of changing my KTM Ultra 1964, for either a KTM Scarp or KTM Myroon, but if it doesn't happen then I shall fit a dropper post to the Ultra, but having a 27.2mm seat post tube, the choice is very limited. An under saddle lever operated post would work for me, but the uncertainty of ease of use, puts me off.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
I am interested to hear more about the under lever operated seat post that you have. Is the seat post is 27.2mm, and if so, how do you find the operation of the unit?
I'm sorry to say it doesn't seem to exist that small version: https://www.bike24.com/p2183874.html
The operation is good. The lever itself works better than a small remote I think. It feels sturdy and of good quality. The ONE issue is the obvius that you can't operate while in the (down)hill. It just doesn't feel safe enough, slow down alot or do it before you go over the top. You don't have to stop, that's not what I'm saying. It takes about half a second to lower the post. You can sometime feel that you miss the flow in the ride just because you have to find the right moment to adjust seat post. Not for competition :) a bonus is that you don't need to run some cable/tube along the bike and attach another thing on the steering bar :)

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Eddie, by far the worst component on our bikes is the xlc dropper that came with the bike. 3 months ago I gave up on the handlebar adjuster and removed the cable, made a lever and haven't looked back. No big deal in adjusting seat height on the move. Much more reliable than using the h/b/ lever. Look at pictures in post 1193 and you can see what I've done. I fitted an extra lug on Lin's for ease of use.

Last edited:

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
Went out on Sunday to try out a new route it was steep see picture from MapMyRide (good app) went up over 400 Mtrs.
MapMyRide.JPG
It was so steep in places even on full power and a low gear it was so rough, I had to get off and push,20170514_074838.jpg When I could not carry on on any more as too hot and my heart was beating hard from the hard workout I stopped on a level bit see picture before going back down, however on the way down I kept getting these strange burping noises from the back wheel, and when I looked a few spokes had come un threaded, which I took into the shop and all he could say is these electric bicycles are heavy has any else experience this spoke problem,they were alright before as I check the bike over before each ride.

Reactions: chris130256

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Low speed and high torque probably has caused them to undo, may be the tension in them was different.

Eckythump

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
North Yorkshire Moors
That's Roseberry Topping. I've walked up the front side in the past but not taken a bike. There is a cobbled pack horse trail up the slope to the rear that would be very doable on an eMTB. Very popular with walkers though so maybe best left to them.....

Reactions: chris130256

Related Articles

Advertisers