eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
The Bosch with Intuvia display is easy to activate quickly but not easy to keep button pressed for any length of time. Like Eddie said it needs to be in high gear which take time change into then back down when needing to ride. For MTB it is just simpler to carry bike in lot of situations.

The Shimano STEPS is hard to get into but button is easy to keep pressed. Still same issues with gears. Worked well for extent soft sand sections and climbing stairs. Most times just easy to carry upstairs but with full load walk is nice to have.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Like Eddie said it needs to be in high gear which take time change into then back down when needing to ride.
By memory, I think that it was you that first put that suggestion forward.

After struggling with the issue on each of the Bosch powered bikes that I have owned, it was a very welcome tip/handy hint. :) Last year in the Alps it was a complete nightmare on the few occasions that I needed to walk along side. Using a high gear this time around made an immense personal energy saving difference, and I'm grateful to you for it. :)

Reactions: Tugwell Gibson

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
did you not get a 13t front sprocket over there?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have 15t and 18t just in case so 22 spd manual change :D

Kristoffer Hansen

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 30, 2017
Denmark
Hello my name is Christopher. I have now spent several hours reading this thread, love all the beautiful pictures, and feel so jealous and all you people living by the mountains and hillsides.
I ride a all mountain 8(2017) from haibike, only modification is cutting down the bar and adjusting the bike, it is a blast and couldn't be happier about this beautiful machine.
I live in denmark, it is very flat my country but we have some nice Forest and a lot of cycling is done here. I ride to work on a electric bike with a hub motor, it is a Metro from A2B. Copenhagen is a really nice bike City, but the winter is long and wet.
My friend and I are the only two persons that I know of who rides an electric mountain bike around here but we only had positive reactions from fellow hikers and mountain bikers, and electric biking for the road is spreading like Wildfire so hopefully we will see the same in the forest.
Picture of my friend's pedal after after a small cut down tree stopped him dead in his tracks going 25 kmh, hurt his knee pretty bad but was able to ride back to the car.

DSC01317.JPG

Kristoffer Hansen

Jul 30, 2017
Denmark
Haibike Fatsix

Have had it for almost two weeks now and used it every single day, really love that bike. It is like made for me that likes exploring the terrain.

Yellow Black Biking
by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr
Beautiful picture and nice bike, I could imagine it would be a good one for the wet/muddy season?, and for snow but we don't get a lot of that..

Reactions: Tugwell Gibson

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
The hill in the distance was my next target (second picture).
Kristoffer, nI hope your friends knee heals quickly

Kristoffer Hansen

Jul 30, 2017
Denmark
The hill in the distance was my next target (second picture).
Kristoffer, nI hope your friends knee heals quickly
Thx, we will ride again in 2 days, so we will see then, he fell ok now, been 2 weeks and still some red colouring on his back keen. Should use more protection Gear..

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Eddie, very envious indeed, must be most stunning.
Off to Isle of Skye september, so hoping to fit a few goodies in there, but nowhere near as nice as the alps.
Dom

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
In reality it wasn't quite what I had planned. I know they are building some new routes for next season but this one looked promising but was a dead end. Will try a small variation soon;)

Reactions: EddiePJ

Related Articles

Advertisers