eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Some trapped or swollen/inflamed nerve maybe from your previous break??
Maybe it will settle given time.
Cider and weed probably not the best way to deal with it (that's the nurse bit sorry), but maybe just the weed instead !!!!

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the brake was 18 months ago and as soon as i could went out on my bike and crashed again and had my elbow stapled together after that it has just got worse to the point i get shakes in my hand and arm so take amitriptyline for that but the pain is still there.

i still think there is a stone in my elbow as i can feel something rolling round in there lol.

trouty

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2016
west yorkshire BD20
Now then after a great weeks riding in the Sud Tyrol Latsch was the village .
what fantastic trails and the Trek Powerfly performed faultlessly .
we climbed 1400 feet less then the height of everest and had I known at the end I would have gone out again to get the extra feet climbing .

Day one was the warm up ride ha Ha
https://www.strava.com/activities/1166645829

4900 feet of climbing and of course descending
I carried a spare battery because of range anxiety but this was not needed as had plenty in reserve

Day 2
similar climbing 4960 feet and using eco with a little bit of touring to mess with the fit guys I was with and still plenty in reserve in the battery
https://www.strava.com/activities/1167915194

Day 3
was and easy day for me and the bike
https://www.strava.com/activities/1169347626

only 2859 feet of climbing but a great downhill followed by drinking a fair bit of beer and having an pasta party back at the hotel all in the price .

Now Day 4 was a biggy

I again took a spare battery and the first part of the day we rode up to a cable car station and regrouped .
this is the first part of the days riding with 4750 feet of uphill
https://www.strava.com/activities/1170783562

after the cable car station we set off for the top and a couple of guys passed us on ebikes as I was riding with my mates on their normal bikes so I whacked it into turbo and went for the top
passing the other ebikers pretty soon I watched the power bars drain at an alarming speed but made it to the top as the battery went to one bar left .
also taking the KOM by over 4 minutes but changing it to an ebike ride on strava to avoid annoying the Kom holder .

I then swapped batteries and went back down to join my mates riding up which added another 1060 feet of climbing to the tally

Day 5
the Sunny Benny trail
https://www.strava.com/activities/1172427103

after day 4 I no longer had any anxiety about the battery performance so left the spare back at base and we did 3692 feet up
this was a climb we had done earlier in the holiday but the downhill was a different trail and just as good as the rest

Day 6 and our last days riding
https://www.strava.com/activities/1173857036

now this was an interesting day for battery performance because we had done the uphill on day 4 and I did half of it on Turbo and depleted the whole battery
this time 4 of my mates were only going to the chairlift and then taking it to the top my super fit mate was riding the whole way so I rode with him using only eco mode with Tour mode used on 3 mega steep bits when I reached the top I still had 3 bars left on the battery which went to 2 bars on the down hill a little later .

what a fantastic week with the boys in a great area
so if you want some excellent downhills visit the Vinschgau area of Sud Tyrol

there are some photos on the Strava links and I will add some here when I have sorted them out

JohnF

Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2017
Ilkley
Out yesterday on my Trek Powerfly for the first time in quite a while. Took the bike up to Buckhaw Brow above Settle and cycled through a gap in Giggleswick Scar across to Feizor, Wharfe, and close to Catrigg Force waterfall. Finally to Little Stainforth for a coffee stop before working back to Settle and the climb back up to the car. About 14 miles in a couple of hours with 1600 ft of climbing.
What a brilliant route.
Open grassland, leafy woodland paths, some slightly more technical stuff, and beautiful views of limestone and especially Pen-y-Ghent.IMG_1077.JPG IMG_1079.JPG IMG_1082.JPG IMG_1084.JPG IMG_1086.JPG

Last edited:

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Soundwave,
Maybe a loose bit of bone floating about. Certainly sounds nerve orientated.
Any test results as yet ?
Looks like everyone has been having a good time out and about.
My bike is at my suppliers, battery failure, flashing lights on the battery, gutted. Tried hubbys battery and it was fine, mine on his bike still bu@gered.
Thank goodness for the warranty.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no they said it will be weeks yet for the outcome of the test and will be sent to the docs.

i cant afford private scans ect but there is something rolling round in there it just keeps moving or id rip it out my self.

just the dentist said my attempt of a removal with a pair of pliers was not to good lol.;)

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Interesting place for a water bottle cage...I've never seen one mounted there before
Hi mate, tourers do it all the time. I couldn't fit one anywhere else so i just googled where to fit cycle water bottles, and the guys that cycle 100s of miles all over the country have about 4 bottles and two are on the forks.

If I was having a day on the trails it would probably go in the rucksack. I imAgine it would bump out situated as it is. And get covered in dirt and mud.

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
One of my mates mucking about on his Levo.

Sadly not ebike related, but I did spend pleasant few hours out on the Ultra 1964 today, to complete more trail building work.
I'm also trying to perfect my alpine turns, and using the pedal bike rather than the ebike, seems to make things much easier. The one annoying aspect of todays ride was that I could have done with my shock pump.

Ebike related..

I made zero effort to make this look neat or tidy, as I have another use on the next bike for it, and it could be wrapped around the battery rather than the frame as well, but I have come across a 'tight wad' version of a neoprene battery cover, or Levo owners battery/frame cover.

All for the hefty price of £2.49 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231653722930?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Any joking aside, on something like the Levo, this could actually prove a neat and tidy solution for protecting the battery area. Two of them would be ideal, and they can be cut to length, so could be made to look very tidy.
I know this is an older thread it I looked it up on search as I remembered the neoprene battery cover. Just about to order one.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
:eek:
no they said it will be weeks yet for the outcome of the test and will be sent to the docs.

i cant afford private scans ect but there is something rolling round in there it just keeps moving or id rip it out my self.

just the dentist said my attempt of a removal with a pair of pliers was not to good lol.;)
catgut tied to door handle and get missus to kick shut

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Most of the Alps has had some snow this week, Kleine Scheidegg was the only place my jaw has ever hit the ground in awe. I was working in Switzerland and had weekends free, thought I'd go skiing at Wengen for the day. Drove to Lauterbrunnen and caught the train, when I got our and walked out of the station there was the North Face of the Eiger going straight up in all it's winter glory.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
The first time that I visited Lauterbrunnen, was about thirty one years ago, and we arrived at night time, and I hadn't even see a photo of the place. Waking up in the morning and looking outside will be a memory that will stay with me forever. I just couldn't believe the sheer scale and the magnificence of the area. I still feel the same even now.

In respect of the Eiger, it certainly doesn't make for a bad cycling back drop.

Heading up from Kleine Scheidegg, there is a hiking trail that oddly allows for cycling early morning or after hours. I didn't realise the out of hours bit, and got up there to ride along the base of the Eiger, only to find that it was closed. Ordinarily, I would have just gone for it, but it is a very narrow and technical trail, and I didn't want to have hassle with hikers or the authorities.

I set out again to do the route one evening, but once again things worked against me. I had stupidly forgotten to charge my second battery, and when I went to change the battery after the climb up from Lauterbrunnen, it was flat. Ten miles of climbing wasted!

My third attempt also failed as well!
Ensuring that I had everything to hand, I made yet another ten mile evening climb to reach Kleine Scheidegg, only to have the weather and light deteriorate. On safety grounds I decided that it was just too much of a risk, and abandoned the attempt.

Instead I headed up towards the Mannlichen, and even that became a very dodgy thing to have done. I ended up going into dense cloud, and heavy rain, with no idea where the cliff edge was. The wind and cold was something else altogether as well.

Once through the bank of cloud and rain, the views were even more spectacular than I had remembered. Same bank of cloud shown to the left.

In respect of your comment about skiing, riding down the Lauberhorn ski run has to be the best thing that I have ever done. It was on my bucket list. :)

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers