eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
It'll be interesting to see how you find the cassette.

I'm having a bit of a love hate relationship with the set up. I love the smoothness and quality of shift and use, but I'm finding the leaps between the gear range, a bit excessive for my use and it somehow doesn't quiet work. This is only noticeable on down shift, when you go from a gear that slightly overly high, to the next one down that then has you spinning. It can become a slight irritation at times, as it is sort of a juggling act to get things right.
In part, I think that the terrain around my neck of the woods, (average 1,200ft of elevation gain for every 10 miles) just isn't steep enough to warrant the range of gears. In the alps though, I don't think that it could be bettered, and I'm certain that it would come into it's own.
Riding unassisted is just so effortlessly easy to do, and if you were ever left with a flat battery, it would be no real effort to just carry on.
Well, I wrote about it a little in some first impressions in this thread. I have very steep hills here but they are not so long, so I think it's nice to quick come to another much different gear. But it is not only good. Personally I think it's good but not for all. Like a fatbike also, special purpose :)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
The bridge is actually on a bridleway that borders the woodland that I ride. It is a lovely spot, especially in the spring when the bluebells and wild garlic are in flower. Some of the stone has fallen from the side of it, which I pointed out to the landowners when I discovered it last January. It is shame that they have chosen not to repair it, but it is my understanding that no one wants to accept responsibility for the bridge. I was just discussing it yesterday with someone, as I'm tempted to carry out the repairs myself. I should really discuss it again with the owner, and offer to repair it as a good will gesture for giving me permitted rights to use the woodland.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Another night of fun!

I'm still trying to piece together the route for the proposed eMTB group night ride, but might now need to re think a section of the 20 mile route.
One section is hard enough to ride and work out in the day time, and riding at night, has twice proven to be impossible. Last night might have forced a major rethink, as I became lost and disoriented. All good fun!

The blue line represents the correct route, so two mistakes last night.

One thing is certain, this ride won't suit anyone that wants to keep either their bike or themselves clean! :D The date is yet to be confirmed, as two of the three Levo owners, don't have working bikes.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
I have been riding alot these past days. So beatiful days. And I have now got all systems nominal. Today my rear brake worked good, as new. That combined with lust for riding, good weather and good traction. Think I broke some records today, very good flow and found the most joyful routes on last ride. See photo for one example. Totally awesome.

20171031_152921.jpg

Sherman

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
Couple of boring night ride shots. It's getting chilly, -1C.
nightride1.jpg

I was using my smaller Lezyne Microdrive 450XL light and without helmet light it was quite a challenge.
nightride2.jpg

But the main reason I posted, look what I got. A Specialized Turbo Levo Comp 2017. The bike has its own quirks, but I just love the way it rides and pedals. It's so smooth and a beast on trails. This was my first short ride with it. More to follow this weekend.
levo.jpg

Last edited:

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
Couple of boring night ride shots. It's getting chilly, -1C.
View attachment 21969

I was using my smaller Lezyne Microdrive 450XL light and without helmet light it was quite a challenge.
View attachment 21970

But the main reason I posted, look what I got. A Specialized Turbo Levo Comp 2017. The bike has it's own quirks, but I just love the way it rides and pedals. It's so smooth and a beast on trails. This was my first short ride with it. More to follow this weekend.
View attachment 21971
Nice colour, off out tonight over cwmcarn : )

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I lived here for a while before leaving for Europe

42a541b0f63ec1d937914e7b1a8e810f.jpg

Reactions: Paul smith

Rick Bullotta

Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2017
USA
Here's my 2017 KTM Kapoho. I have about 60 miles on it thus far. Swapped the Magura fork out for a Fox 36, converted to tubeless, swapped a few parts out (seatpost, saddle, stem, bar, grips), upgraded front rotor to 203mm, derestricted the Bosch unit, and added a Mucky Nutz fender. Built up a new front wheel to fit the Fox 15mm axle.

I also put some rubber pads on the back of the battery along with a velcro strap to reduce battery chatter to almost nothing.

Now it's nearly perfect!

KTMBike.jpg.jpeg

Reactions: Tugwell Gibson

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can adjust the top part where the key goes if it wobbles about as you can move it up and down a bit and sort that out ;)

i got 203 rotors front and back :p

Reactions: Rick Bullotta

Related Articles

Advertisers