eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Rick Bullotta

Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2017
USA
you can adjust the top part where the key goes if it wobbles about as you can move it up and down a bit and sort that out ;)

i got 203 rotors front and back :p
The noise in the fork is definitely internal - 99% sure it's the way the bushings operate in the Boltron, which is very unique. In any case, there's a Fox on there now so problem solved.

Sherman

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
I had a second proper ride on my Specialized Turbo Levo Comp.

Off to the trails, surprisingly there was some snow left from the first snow we got couple of weeks ago. +8C and overcast result in dull photos.
1 - ToTheTrails.jpg

Some rocky descent. The suspension works great on the Levo.
2 - DH.jpg

A rare treat here, smooth and flowy trail.
3 - Flow.jpg

..and back to the rock gardens
4 - Rock Garden.jpg

This is where your Christmas trees come from
45 - trees.jpg

I could not resist riding down here, you can see the track. But getting back up, uhhuh, deep, wet, soft sand. Even the gentle slope would have been too much for a fat bike. Good workout pushing the bike up.
5 - Sand pit.jpg

Small trees everywhere. And a rock. And a bike.
6 - The Rock.jpg

30 km total. Bike worked and especially handled great. But I had only 19% left of the battery when finished. Rode trail setting at 40% (old firmware). I will have the firmware updated next week and I need to play with the settings to get more mileage out of the bike.

Last edited:

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
First visit to Coed y brenin this week, It was okay I enjoyed it.
Always end on a fun note at trail centres so finished on the blue route.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
rsz_img_0175.jpg
This was one of the starts. Did both reds and the blue

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Well that was kind of an interesting day.

It started with visit my friends mtb shop, to take a look at the new Orange that he has in stock as a demo bike. The idea had been to take it out and to get a few photos, but I got the feeling that he didn't want me getting it muddy, so it was just a quick spin around the car park instead.
Four things struck me about the bike, firstly what stupid place to position the on off switch, right where every bit of crap going will hit it on the downtube, the second was what a pain the battery is to remove, third up is something that surprised me, and that was how much louder that the Shimano motor was when compared with my Bosch CX DU, and lastly, how superbly easy that it was to pedal completely unassisted. Far more so than the Bosch DU.
Horrid and bulky downtube aside, it was lovely bike with plenty of bling if that is what you are into, but it doesn't do it for me, and neither does the price.

After this, I just headed out for some local fun on my own bike. A morning of heavy rain, and muddy fun. Time to head off for a pint, and a read of Singletrack magazine. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul smith

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
Gawd..them orange bikes look horrendous...see you been having a spot of rain there eddie...3rd pic...nice pics there mr keith brown..is that a focus bike??...where abouts you from...1st pic looks familier..S.Wales??

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
After this, I just headed out for some local fun on my own bike. A morning of heavy rain, and muddy fun. Time to head off for a pint, and a read of Singletrack magazine.
Do you have to go home and de-mud before going in the pub? I have a vision of a swamp monster walking into a pub and asking for pint. I suppose the heavy rain may deter others and let you have the woods to yourself on days like that, which might be one incentive to endure the weather.

• :D
Reactions: EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
There is both a plus side and a minus side to riding in conditions such as today.

The plus side being that it takes less than minutes, to hose the bike down, dry it with an airline, and relube everything in readiness for the next ride.

The downside being, that my neighbours have to endure me running from the garage to the house, just wearing a pair a very wet under pants. Not pleasant experience for anyone! :D

I'm also lucky enough to have the woods to myself all of the time. I see the occasional tyre track on the main fire roads, but I'm the only person to have permission to ride in there, so other than the occasional dog walker who shouldn't really be in there either, I see no one. :)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Does anyone know what it costs to buy your own forest? :rolleyes:
Yellow and red mark two of my playgrounds. I was in the yellow area today. :)
There is a further 1,000 acres or so beside, that is an unofficial play ground, plus two army camps, although I was caught in one of them a couple of years ago, and was left in no uncertain terms that I shouldn't return, and I haven't. I hadn't actually realized what the camp was used for, or by whom, and there is no chance that I'd risk venturing back in there. One polite warning was enough, and I didn't argue my case.

All that it costs me is a text message each time that I want ride, and again when I finish, plus a bottle of port and cheese selection at Xmas time. It is always worth asking local land owners for permission to ride. They can only say no, so you have nothing to loose. I don't object to sending text message before and after each ride, as it gives the game keeper knowledge that I am in there, and also peace of mind for me in the event of a fall.

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Well that was kind of an interesting day.

It started with visit my friends mtb shop, to take a look at the new Orange that he has in stock as a demo bike. The idea had been to take it out and to get a few photos, but I got the feeling that he didn't want me getting it muddy, so it was just a quick spin around the car park instead.
Four things struck me about the bike, firstly what stupid place to position the on off switch, right where every bit of crap going will hit it on the downtube, the second was what a pain the battery is to remove, third up is something that surprised me, and that was how much louder that the Shimano motor was when compared with my Bosch CX DU, and lastly, how superbly easy that it was to pedal completely unassisted. Far more so than the Bosch DU.
Horrid and bulky downtube aside, it was lovely bike with plenty of bling if that is what you are into, but it doesn't do it for me, and neither does the price.

After this, I just headed out for some local fun on my own bike. A morning of heavy rain, and muddy fun. Time to head off for a pint, and a read of Singletrack magazine. :)

I wonder if the boxy down tube on the Orange acts as an echo chamber and amplifies the motor noise.

Related Articles

Advertisers