eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
I can sympathise with you in those conditions. I have had to push the bike on more than one occasions when things get so clogged up, and the wheels won't even turn. It soon drains your energy doing so.

With walk assist, you need to select a high gear to make any significant forward progress. I suspect that it might not have really helped you very much when things get that bad. It is one of the reasons that I prefer riding in the rain when things are that bad. The mud doesn't stick.
It wasn't particularly sticky, it was very, very slippy. I couldn't maintain forward momentum. Lots of sideways momentum though, especially on the way back down. I think the only time the bike was pointing forward was as it swapped from sliding one way to sliding the other!

I'll give Walk Assist another go in a higher gear at some point.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
There's a route I take from the Worth way track between Felbridge & Bletchingley which is about 80 - 90% bridleway that gets like that once the rains come from Autumn onwards, also the leaves combine with the clag which makes pushing inevitable a few times during that section. I often have to stop to find a stick to unplug the clag but should really take a small telescopic rod with me.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Neal, I can't remember if I have mentioned this, but the horrid muddy bridleway at Keymer, that leads to the windmill, now has a lovely hard packed stone covering. A friend of mine broke his ankle walking along it, and the council were forced into doing something about it.
And in another today's news. My neighbour has asked if would like to assist him looking after his bees. He didn't have to ask twice. ☺

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hmmm' that Keymer section was a right bog hole at times.

Your going to love the bees, fascinating subject to get involved with :D. Occasionally they show you appreciation of their love after all they are female !!!
Apart from some lads that are only there for the free food and mating :rolleyes:.

• :D
Reactions: EddiePJ

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
I use a water bottle ans quirt the mud off if need be.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Got a season pass, pop in when ever I get time
Keep meaning to get to fod, but A465 always closed weekend, long detour, bike park 5 mins down the road.
so where is the video ?

• Agree
Reactions: mountainsport

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Dave Y Fenni

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2017
Y Fenni
A pre ebike A470
Seeing we are from the same neck of the woods. My new ride should be with me sometime this week. Recovering from my second Total Knee Replacement, some 4 weeks ago. I think I will start off on the Sustrans Route 46. which will take my from Llanfoist to Brynmawr. As my ride is not an eMTB, but more a fun type machine, I will see how it goes?

Reactions: argoose

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Another ride, another crash and another helmet. Bit beatup but no serious damage to me or bike. Had sore knees so assume knee pads did their thing. Hate to thing what outcome would've be without protective gear.

This will be 2nd crashed helmet in 9months, at least Specialized offer 30% discount for replacements. I'd rather pay full price and wear them out.

Reactions: Steve A

Related Articles

Advertisers