eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Sunny day. First day back at work after three days off. Good excuse to take the camera on my ride to work.
Ride to work 19 01 18 001.JPG
Field of sheep with trio of horse riders. Sounds like a posh main course.
Ride to work 19 01 18 003.JPG
Crooksbury Common x3 above and below
Ride to work 19 01 18 005.JPG
Ride to work 19 01 18 008.JPG Great fun, great countryside away from roads, nice bit of exercise and saves a gallon of fuel in the car. All good.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Likewise, what a lovely ride to work....
Argoose,
Looks like you had fun at BPW

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
Likewise, what a lovely ride to work....
Argoose,
Looks like you had fun at BPW
Is why I bought the full suspension Emtb. Been mountain biking for 17 years, thought I was about ready for some help on the ups, 56 year old postman with an arthritic knee, only go up to come down :)

Reactions: LeighPing

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
The Lekky Trekky after walking the Dog and spanking “some” of the Monkey at Cannock Chase in the snow. T’was a wee bit chilly...

The Sealskins gloves I bought in the Leisure Lakes sales were awesome, which is more than can be said for the socks...

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Not far away fro me then Doomanic, but much prefer Llandegla for fun not keen on Cannock.
Recommend sealskin gloves too.
I'm out of action at the moment, got hurt riding the road to get to go play (Ercall and Wrekin), then the dreaded flu.
Argoose,
54 next month, acute medical nurse with a mucked up back, but you just gotta have fun. Not been riding that long though 2015 I started wished I'd done it years ago.

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
Cannock's not my local and I'm not keen on it either, although it is waaaaay better on an eBike than on a normal bike. I went today as I had an invite to ride with a local but the snow put paid to that and we stuck to the marked trails.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Just going to try out my wrist tomorrow, quick mess about in a wooded area and if it hurts too much will pop out along a long gravel path nowt challenging just a nice ride, keep up the fitness at least. Been bored witless

Reactions: argoose

Sherman

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
Perfect winter riding conditions on Sunday. No wind, -5C, very little ice.

Bike worked well again. In cold weather suspension stiffens up, but not completely. SRAM Guide R brakes surprised me. Unlike Shimano brakes I have on other bikes these were not affected by cold at all. I guess it's because SRAM brakes use DOT oil instead of Shimano's mineral oil.

Tech info: 30km, 2hrs, battery consumption 56%. Settings: eco 25%, motor current 3%, acceleration normal.

snow.jpg

Last fall's storm damage is still visible.
snow2.jpg

Trails were perfect and fast. Hard packed snow levels out roots and rocks nicely.snow3.jpg

Last edited:

Sherman

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
Looks very nice Sherman. What tyres do you find work best in those conditions?
For this bike, I don't know yet. I'm running stock Specialized Purgatory 27.5x3.0. I feel these are not best for snow. Knobs could be bigger and have more space between them as treads filled with snow quite easily as you can see from pics. I'm tempted to try the Maxxis High Roller II at least in the front. Unfortunately there are not many options for 27.5x3 and I would not like to downsize to 27.5x2.8.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
:D
Tried my wrist out it's okay when strapped up ;):D.
Could have done the red route llandegla easily.

Reactions: argoose

Related Articles

Advertisers