eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Superb choice of bike. :)

I was beginning to think that I had the only one. :D

Out of all of the eMTB's that I have owned, this is by far my favourite. It does everything that I want from a bike and more, and whilst many Boltron fork owners don't like them, I really love them. They have weird characteristics, as in pulling to the left under heavy braking, but they are super compliant, and work exceptionally well.
If I were to have a complaint in respect of the bike, it would be the paint work. I find the matt paintwork finish, very difficult to keep clean.
Beside that one moan, the bike never fails to make me smile when riding it. :)

Reactions: Stumpi
D

Deleted member 22539

Superb choice of bike. :)

I was beginning to think that I had the only one. :D

Out of all of the eMTB's that I have owned, this is by far my favourite. It does everything that I want from a bike and more, and whilst many Boltron fork owners don't like them, I really love them. They have weird characteristics, as in pulling to the left under heavy braking, but they are super compliant, and work exceptionally well.
If I were to have a complaint in respect of the bike, it would be the paint work. I find the matt paintwork finish, very difficult to keep clean.
Beside that one moan, the bike never fails to make me smile when riding it. :)
Hi
ive got too agree its a really good bike
I don't have any issues with the Boltron either , you are spot on its very compliant taking big hits and light movement in its stride
EX drivetrain I find mainly good also apart from sometimes mid range I get either too high a ratio or too low it seems to get me on reasonably fast steep hills when climbing not every time but too many , I'm thinking of changing the front sprocket just to move the gear one way or another I'm seriously thinking of a tooth up at front because as yet ive never used the 48 and rarely the next down
apart from that I'm with you on the matt paint its good quality but marks up so easy :)
one more sneaky picture just for good measure .

IMG_0668.JPG

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
is it me or is there like only 5 off us that use clipless paddles :rolleyes:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the shoes suck ass tho you either get expensive clown shoes or bargain bin look from tesco.:(

D

Deleted member 22539

is it me or is there like only 5 off us that use clipless paddles :rolleyes:
I used clip in,s for around 6 months years ago now mind you thought i would give them ago and all that , i couldn't stand the things :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have both ;)
DSC_0017_01.JPG DSC_0028_01.JPG

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0019.JPG
:(

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Hehe. All kinds here.

I use flats on my eMTB and SPD on my pushMTB. Just because I feel a bigger need for pedal efficiency on the push one.

Sent from my eBike through Tapatalk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I ride clipless on 3 bikes and use a wide Shimano M089LE fitting shoe in winter with 2 or 3 layers on feet, no pinching or tightness. For winter wear I went up 1.5 sizes for normal wear go up 1 size.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Other than when riding in the snow, clipless all the way for me.

Firstly I think that flat pedals just look so ungainly and ugly, but the main reason is constant pedal strikes when riding local terrain.

These ruts aren't over deep in this example, but you can get the idea. More often than not when playing around, we ride along the top edge of them, but the quick route is always along the rut itself, and flats have been proven to be too much of a hassle.

Last edited:

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Just to be different, I use a bbb classic ride pedals which are a smaller supper tough and long lasting pedals combined with plastic toe cage style pedal clips that offer some protection to your feet and hold your feet on the pedal for more control and the ability to pull the pedal as well as push. Works for me and I have covered nearly 9000 miles using them.

Oh and of course you can get your feet off the pedals real quick if you need to.

Related Articles

Advertisers