eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you should get a purion display n get rid of the giant wart they go for about 50 quid on ebay when i sold mine ;)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Just to be different, I use a bbb classic ride pedals which are a smaller supper tough and long lasting pedals combined with plastic toe cage style pedal clips that offer some protection to your feet and hold your feet on the pedal for more control and the ability to pull the pedal as well as push. Works for me and I have covered nearly 9000 miles using them.

Oh and of course you can get your feet off the pedals real quick if you need to.
I use those on the trike, they work OK but don't let you relax as much as being clipped in when you stop pedalling. I put them on to prevent my feet from flying off when spinning out downhill.

D

Deleted member 22539

you should get a purion display n get rid of the giant wart they go for about 50 quid on ebay when i sold mine ;)
I have a purion as well but i took it off ,
The issues i have with it is lack of info in as much as i like to know what power level im in on 25mile plus off road rides and i like too know my range as well if you could get rid of the speedo and have them 2 as info on the purion i would probably keep it
Also I personally find the up and down buttons on the purion a bit non descript in as much as you cant feel them with gloves on so quickly where as the standard buttons are sculptured better
Obviously each to there own
The purion is a nice item but personally it lacks for me .

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the only thing i miss is the clock lol ;)

12spd eagle gx group set ordered should all get here next week had to order each part from a different shop as no stock and mech coming from Germany lol:rolleyes:

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Been to Skye, had great time here's some pics...
Glen Brittle, Leitir Fura, Suniish. My brother and hubs are in the last picture. Brother had my B'Twin and shared my Haibike. Great weather, fantastic time
IMG_0335.JPG IMG_0324.JPG IMG_0345.JPG IMG_0334.JPG IMG_0322.JPG

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Wellington to top Mt Climie and return 108km 700wh.

Incredible weather warm and dead calm at top. The climb is about 650m over 5kms, very steep, don't how I managed it 20yrs ago on my MTB would've been granny gear for 80%. Awesome descent on FS MTB if you don't cook your brakes.
1) south to wgtn harbour
2) Wairarapa
3)Palliser bay
4) mana island with south island in background
5) Whitemans valley
6) Mt hector.

As anotherkiwi can verify we get lots of these days in Wellington!!.

Last edited:

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Only got up to 569 meters on the biggest ride so not quite as high as you Trevormonty. It looks stunning where you are :).
Did most of it in eco or eco + only once did I hit the standard button on my yamaha system.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Only got up to 569 meters on the biggest ride so not quite as high as you Trevormonty. It looks stunning where you are :).
Did most of it in eco or eco + only once did I hit the standard button on my yamaha system.
On this climb you would need tour or above, its a gut buster of climb on normal MTB.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Now that hurt!!!

I ride through here at least once or twice or week without giving things a second thought, but tonight, this barbed wire brought the bike and me to dead stop, also injuring my leg. Bloody good job that it wasn't at neck height.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you need a trail making machine, a shovel n saw is not going to cut it :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0094.JPG
:)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
cassette not here yet so cant do jack without it lol ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the mech came from Germany faster than the cassette from Sheffield lol:rolleyes:

Related Articles

Advertisers