Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Tubed or tubeless flat ?

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Many happy hours spent round there - helping with conservation efforts. :)

Thursley common is fabulous. In truth better for walking than riding due to the deep sand. I skirted around the edge on that ride. My son and I walk there a lot and enjoy the boardwalk where you can see loads of different species of dragon fly and small reptiles skittering about as well as aerial displays of the many birds to be found there.

Hankley common has a large swathe of MOD land use and last year we were walking there when several patrols of troops set of from their hut in the plain all tooled up with their guns and equipment, it felt like we were in a Armageddon B movie.

Reactions: oyster

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
In other news SW France now has the same weather as the UK! We waited a while... :mad:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
That looks some ride :)

Did you require a spare battery?
At the end of the ride, I had roughly a quarter of battery capacity left remaining on a second battery.

Other than an estimated two miles, the ride was ridden using tour, with the estimated two miles being ridden in eMTB mode. The first battery expired at 31 miles.

The distance from 18 miles to 23 miles was all but flat, and ridden above the legal cut off point.

Last edited:

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Eddie, Past by there on bank holiday last.
My brother lives in Woodingdean, it seems a lovely ride.
Old haunts for me too.

Reactions: oyster and EddiePJ

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
You know the shortest distance between two points is a straight line Eddie? :p

That helped me see the kind of places you might have steep climbs. That combined with the post on another thread showing the width of roads in the UK makes me happy to ride where I do. :)

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
That looks like a fantastic ride Eddie.

It is the right time of year to do it.

I came home from work last night/early morning around 01:30AM following in parts the valley of the river Wey and there were small patches of thick mist. The temperature had also fallen away quite markedly.

Reactions: oyster

Related Articles

Advertisers