Engine No Worky

Puff

Just Joined
Oct 9, 2018
Rode to work yesterday (dry, no accidents etc) in the normal fashion. Left to go home and there was no power!

Well, it happened thus

Turned on bike, set off and I had power for a little bit before it died off in each gear.

Turned bike off/on again and I had no power at all. Looking at the display, it shows range etc but no speed.

Pulled over, checked cables, all good, checked speed sensor in place, all good, magnet on wheel hadn't moved etc.

Had to ride it home without the engine :(

Got home, battery off, battery back and still no speed showing. Battery when put on charge showed over 3/4 full.

Bike is a 2017 KTM 273 Machina with a Bosch 250W motor.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong? There was no bashes or bangs that might have interfered with it from when I arrived to when I left.

Puff

Just Joined
Oct 9, 2018
I wiggled everything, checked everything, put battery in and out a few times but it didn't work. 3 days later, having totally left it, got it out to prepare for the arduous trek to the bike shop and its working fine... What do you know eh?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I wiggled everything, checked everything, put battery in and out a few times but it didn't work. 3 days later, having totally left it, got it out to prepare for the arduous trek to the bike shop and its working fine... What do you know eh?
Could have been a damp problem, dried out and ok.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Got home, battery off, battery back and still no speed showing. Battery when put on charge showed over 3/4 full.
When you had the problem, did pressing the check button on the battery pack itself light the LEDs ?

Advertisers