English bloke in Holland with Sunlova kit ebike

davis

Just Joined
Sep 20, 2011
Hello fellow electric bike adventurers!

I bought a 8fun wheel/controller/battery kit from Sunlova almost 2 years ago now for £400.

Sunlova ( UK) are excellent.They shipped to Holland no problem for a little extra money You cant go wrong with Bafang front wheel drives. They dispatch quick and their prices are low

It has been a great help to say the least. I have to take 2 young children back and forwards to school many times a day. Children go home for lunch here. You pay to stay over. The bike has been our "car" our workhorse.

I fitted the kit onto a standard dutch womans bike "Union" The luggage rack the kit came with was a terrible, crudely welded heavy steel thing that I could not even fit. So it placed the battery in a canvas pannier set.It was a problem to keep the 5 kilo battery in the same place. So I packed the pannier out with polystyrene and cloth to keep it steady

The kit has performed well but not without problems. First the battery rack as described above. Next no security for the battery due to that. Then the on/off switch on the battery developed a fault , so I rigged up an alternative using a standard household light switch sealing gaps with silicon sealant on the case. Next the 3 pin power output socket became loose and unreliable so I had to cut wires and use a standard socket there too!

The wheel has performed very well a tribute to Bafang and its engineering.

My battery is a little less retentive now so I am looking for a 10ah LifePo4 to use alongside it

I have cycled about 9000 kms a year based on averages, which would have used about £500 of fuel in a car, In other words the kit paid for itself a long time ago.

The electric transport world looks exciting!

regards Davis

Den Bosch Holland