Engwe ep-2 500w settings.

wobblycol

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 19, 2024
Hello everyone,
I’ve got an Engwe ep-2 500w bike that’s not working properly.
The pedal assist is functioning ok but the speedometer isn’t working.
The walk assist mode and the twist throttle isn’t working either.
I’m thinking that the settings are incorrect but I don’t know what they should be.
The controller is a X008-AAM003 and it’s got the M5 LED display.
Does anyone know what the correct settings are for this configuration?

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hello everyone,
I’ve got an Engwe ep-2 500w bike that’s not working properly.
The pedal assist is functioning ok but the speedometer isn’t working.
The walk assist mode and the twist throttle isn’t working either.
I’m thinking that the settings are incorrect but I don’t know what they should be.
The controller is a X008-AAM003 and it’s got the M5 LED display.
Does anyone know what the correct settings are for this configuration?
M5 is LCD. Can you show a picture of what control panel you have?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
That's an LCD!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
look up in the manual the settings that relate to speed and wheel size and confirm they are correct according to the manual. is the throttle enabled for example?

All the bikes bits are probably standard, however if bought from a seller attempting to comply with uk/eu regs ? could have the firmware set accordingly or worst case actually have a hobbled system, in order to ascertain what the case is you need to confirm or change settings to 'turn on the throttle' for example, and see the results.

While the folk in here are helpful no one will read the manual for you and guess your settings, but if you can report what settings are giving you a problem folk may well check out that page of the manual for you, and help with the Chenglish translation..

wobblycol

Jan 19, 2024
look up in the manual the settings that relate to speed and wheel size and confirm they are correct according to the manual. is the throttle enabled for example?

All the bikes bits are probably standard, however if bought from a seller attempting to comply with uk/eu regs ? could have the firmware set accordingly or worst case actually have a hobbled system, in order to ascertain what the case is you need to confirm or change settings to 'turn on the throttle' for example, and see the results.

While the folk in here are helpful no one will read the manual for you and guess your settings, but if you can report what settings are giving you a problem folk may well check out that page of the manual for you, and help with the Chenglish translation..
Yes I know the wheel size but unfortunately i don’t know how many magnets are in the hub motor and the generic manual doesn’t give the exact settings that I require for the ep-2 bike that needs setting up.

• Informative
Reactions: thelarkbox

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Yes I know the wheel size but unfortunately i don’t know how many magnets are in the hub motor and the generic manual doesn’t give the exact settings that I require for the ep-2 bike that needs setting up.
It's normally 1. Some Bafang motors have 6. If you have a wheel magnet sensor it's 1, and if you have no sensor anywhere, it's zero.

Reactions: wobblycol

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I think on page 5 of the manual I posted there are options to ensure throttle and pas are enabled.

wobblycol

Jan 19, 2024
It's normally 1. Some Bafang motors have 6. If you have a wheel magnet sensor it's 1, and if you have no sensor anywhere, it's zero.
Thank you, I’ll see if setting it to zero cures the problem.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
If no speed sensor employed, the speedo will only provide valid data when the motor is running as it will calculate rpm and thus speed from the power applied.

Advertisers