Equifax

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Yesterday my daughter badly scalded her hand, so I took her to Morriston Hospital, Swansea.
Things began to go wrong when on arrival, she had to stand in a line for 10 minutes before seeing the receptionist (wisely hidden behind security glass)
She was then told to sit and wait in a room with about 40 other people.
Many of these people appeared to be down and outs, bag ladies with all their worldly possessions in wheelie cases etc.
(I later learned that many of them were trying to blag a free bed for the night)
An announcement was made that the queue to see a doctor was four and a half hours!
I complained to the receptionist, (who was more concerned that I was jumping the queue), that it was disgraceful that a person with a bad burn, clearly in pain was expected to wait for four and a half hours.
All I got was ';We are very busy.'
Frankly, the NHS stinks.
We would have been better off going to see the Wise Woman of Wicca.
Why do we spend so much money on Foreign Aid when our own people need it?

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and tommie

Georgew

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2016
Fife Scotland
We have an NHS which is recognised as world class in terms of value for money according to many surveys but is woefully underfunded. A wait of four hours to be seen is totally unacceptable but your anger should be directed at those politicians who refuse to fund the service properly and instead invest their own money in American private health company shares. This is the real scandal......the NHS is being deliberately weakened by under-funding with a view to being sold off piecemeal to private concerns.
In England this process is already well underway with the awarding of multi-million pound contracts to private companies.....fortunately in Scotland we were able to protect our own Service from this scandal.

Already EU citizens employed by the NHS are leaving.....Heaven only knows what will happen to the NHS when the full impact of BREXIT arrives.

• Agree
Reactions: Wicky and flecc

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
We have an NHS which is recognised as world class in terms of value for money according to many surveys but is woefully underfunded. A wait of four hours to be seen is totally unacceptable but your anger should be directed at those politicians who refuse to fund the service properly and instead invest their own money in American private health company shares. This is the real scandal......the NHS is being deliberately weakened by under-funding with a view to being sold off piecemeal to private concerns.
In England this process is already well underway with the awarding of multi-million pound contracts to private companies.....fortunately in Scotland we were able to protect our own Service from this scandal.

Already EU citizens employed by the NHS are leaving.....Heaven only knows what will happen to the NHS when the full impact of BREXIT arrives.
Fife certainly has the worst performing NHS in Scotland whereas Ninewells, despite the underfunding has a very well managed A&E. They see and categorise incoming patients almost immediately. Scotland does enjoy rather more funding thanks to the Barnett Formula.

Who are these MP's that invest in US Private Health Care companies - name them?

Georgew

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2016
Fife Scotland
Fife certainly has the worst performing NHS in Scotland whereas Ninewells, despite the underfunding has a very well managed A&E. They see and categorise incoming patients almost immediately. Scotland does enjoy rather more funding thanks to the Barnett Formula.

Who are these MP's that invest in US Private Health Care companies - name them?
Do I have to do everything? :(

Links between MPs, Lords and private healthcare
"Half of the private firms which jointly won the largest NHS privatisation deal in history have links to the Tories, shock research reveals."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/half-private-firms-behind-nhs-
5347268#ICID=sharebar_twitter

"PM David Cameron and Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt, Lib Dems Nick Clegg and Vince Cable are also on the list - here is the full rundown. Is your MP on there?"
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/selling-nhs-profit-full-list-4646154

"£1.5 billion has left the NHS and gone into the pockets of just 15 private companies linked to 23 Tory MPs and Lords, who were all able to vote for the Health and Social Care Act: "
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/oct/03/healthcare-companies-links-tories-nhs-contracts

The Scottish Government receives a block grant proportional to the amount of money given to England for these services...however it is the Scottish Government who decides on the amount from this block grant which is spent on the NHS and this is more proportionally than is spent on the NHS in England.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers