Err 32 on Haibike sduro

Baldyman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2018
Hi thanks for accepting me on this site I have a Haibike which has given me years more cycling. When I turn it on it powers up but when I go to peddle it cuts out and Err 32 appears on the screen. Can anyone help please.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Er32 is a torque sensor failure. Try switching it on and leave it to switch off by itself without touching the pedals to calibrate the torque sensor. Other than that you are looking for a connector issue, drop the engine and check wiring and male sure the display is seated correctly. Never heard of an actual torque sensor failure so fingers crossed!

Baldyman

Jul 20, 2018
Er32 is a torque sensor failure. Try switching it on and leave it to switch off by itself without touching the pedals to calibrate the torque sensor. Other than that you are looking for a connector issue, drop the engine and check wiring and male sure the display is seated correctly. Never heard of an actual torque sensor failure so fingers crossed!
Thanks for that Chris, I will try that an post the results

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome

Hope you get your issues sorted soon

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Could be any of the connections, make double sure the simple things like the display are connected correctly. Use a rubber (pencil eraser) to clean the connections.

Baldyman

Jul 20, 2018
Hi Chris, still no luck I have checked all of the connections after dropping the motor. This as you said points to the crank torque sensor Can the senor be replaced?

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Hi Chris, still no luck I have checked all of the connections after dropping the motor. This as you said points to the crank torque sensor Can the senor be replaced?
Don't think spares are available. As far as I know any faults inside the motor require a new motor or if outside the warranty the tools and skills to diagnose and repair what is in there.