Error 500

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
eddie pj did swap over a performance motor with a new cx one but cant remember if he had any software problems doing it.

you also cant buy the dealers dongle/software as it has to be registered with a bosch account like the dealers have and be able to log in to the bosch server online.

my bike is 2014 and had no problem installing the new purion display so everything must be stored in the motor.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

bigclick

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
he cant scrap it as it has to be sent back so he can buy a new one even out of warranty. fkn stupid but that is the way bosch wants it.
So how do you know it's been replaced rather than fettled if you don't have the old one in your possession?

D

Deleted member 4366

I fitted my replacement motor myself ,I told the dealer I was happy to do and he gave it me in box .
Did you have to make any software changes or settings? Which Bosch motor was it because it's only the later ones that communicate identity between the battery, motor and control panel?

BTW, it's suddenly looking like these Bosch motors are not as reliable as thought. That's 4 replacement motors in this thread.

Chez

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 5, 2016
Shropshire / north wales
Did you have to make any software changes or settings? Which Bosch motor was it because it's only the later ones that communicate identity between the battery, motor and control panel?

BTW, it's suddenly looking like these Bosch motors are not as reliable as thought. That's 4 replacement motors in this thread.

D

Deleted member 4366

View attachment 21141

I can get a pack of 9 snickers for £ 1.50 I dont trust anyone who sells a single snickers for £2.19
Normal Snickers don't have "Protein" written on them. It costs a lot extra to add that writing to the wrapper. The wrapper was much cheaper when they wrote Marathon on it for some reason. I don't know why they don't go back to that.

It must be the "e"s that are the expensive letters.

bigclick

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
:) Good News :)

Adrenalin ATV bike shop have managed to get it working!

A system reset, some motor and battery updates that have given the motor more power and main bearing greased.

I am impressed but also relieved that I don't have to buy a new motor.

Reactions: EddiePJ

asc99c

Pedelecer
May 1, 2015
For what it's worth, my own 500 error went through a couple of bike shops, each dealing with Bosch, before deciding I definitely needed a new motor.

I am still worried after last Friday going through a knee deep puddle again in Newhey. That's what caused my own problems last time I assume.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

bigclick

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
Had no issues since taking it to Adrenalin

In fact it's a bit more responsive especially in turbo mode

They reported there a few updates done and several logged errors cleared. I was also told not to just remove the battery when the system was on.

I also checked the bearing protection upgrade and it has been done

Reactions: Steve A

Related Articles

Advertisers