Error code 12 bafang BBS02 850c display

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 12, 2017
ghent
Yesterday it was heavy snowing, I drove slowly, speed 1, 10 km per hour and with 55V voltage. When the bafang motor suddenly stopped after holding. I got no wrong info on display, the morning after when drying up the wet. I received error code error code 12. What would be the problem?

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Dec 12, 2017
ghent
I want check the error codes in the menu
I start up, I do not get an error code no more
The motor is still not working
I look for the error codes in menu
but is empty

D

Deleted member 4366

Current error means something like you've popped a mosfet. You can test with a meter when you take the controller off. Check the resistance between each phase wire and the battery positive, then between each and the negative. Each group of 3 should be similar to each other and somewhere in the range 10k to 14k.

• Informative
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Dec 12, 2017
ghent
I opened the controller and it contained water, dried and closed again. Connected the motor turned. Everything connected again. Power up, engine no longer rotated. Again controller open and checked again. And connected again, works again. Run the motor for a while. Reconnect everything, start up, nothing again. All connections removed, only power and main cable. Nothing more, sometime it starts and than stops, but now nothing more.
I shall now check the resistance.

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Dec 12, 2017
ghent
Before I open it, power up for test, it starts. Stop motor, give gas, nothing no more.
The screen go out after 5 min., power up, motor starts, stop, gas, nothing no more.

Last edited:

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Dec 12, 2017
ghent
when I start up, the motor starts sometimes, when I stop, the motor do not start again. Power off, power on, nothing. Start up, when motor work ok, I long I give gas. When I stop, nothing no more.

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Dec 12, 2017
ghent
Current error means something like you've popped a mosfet. You can test with a meter when you take the controller off. Check the resistance between each phase wire and the battery positive, then between each and the negative. Each group of 3 should be similar to each other and somewhere in the range 10k to 14k.
Between negative the fet green, yellow and blue wire give 4k, 7k ohm and 9.5k ohm. Between positive and the wire it give nothing.

D

Deleted member 4366

There must be water around the mosfets. You need to keep it warm for a long time to get rid of it. Don't give throttle for any time when the motor will not start otherwise the mosfets will blow.

D

Deleted member 4366

That's good news. Obviously, the controller is not properly encapsulated, so you need to seal the compartment completely all around the join and where the wires come in. You need something like high modulus silicone sealant. I'd seal both the inside and outside of where the wires come through.

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Dec 12, 2017
ghent
Yes I will do better sealent with silicone. Nothing from bafang or seller, bad service. Only answer, defect controller sell new.

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Dec 12, 2017
ghent
I start mine motor again to go to work this morning, I get always error code 3? Error code 3 do not exist in the manual?

After search after the fault and restart, change nothing I get error 4?
Then I change the throttle I get error 30.
I have to push very long on start button before the display starts.

I saw that the gear sensor led going red en green, I removed the connector, nothing

I removed the break and the weel sensor connectors.
Nothing!

I removed the other connectors and blow some electronic spray on it and reconnect.
Nothing?

No error codes no more?

The power indicator on the dpc14 is normal full and green, now it is blanc, like it is empty.
But he gives 61.5V!

I changed a other battery the battery give 59V but the indicator stay empty!

I see also that the wheel pass indicator red led is not working when the magnet is pass.

This engine is so unreliable.

What can I do?

Is it the display, controller or what?

And bafang do not react on mine problem requests!

D

Deleted member 4366

The LCD works independently from the motor and controller, so if it doesn't operate, either it has no power supply or it's defective.

You must follow the battery voltage and test it all the way from the battery to the LCD. I'd start from the LCD connector and work backwards.

The LCD provides the power to the controller, so if it doesn't function, nothing else will.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your initial error started with ERROR 12, a current fault diagnosis. I had this with a BBS01 and it was only cured with a new controller.
Repairing the controller is futile and trying to remove the grey silicone rubber will cause more damage as it will also lift/damage other minute small pcb components it sticks to.
Other codes will be due to the original ERROR 12.
Once ERROR 12 has occurred then the system next step is to throw up ERROR 30 as comms are down and affected.

Advertisers