Error code 12 bafang BBS02 850c display

D

Deleted member 4366

Your initial error started with ERROR 12, a current fault diagnosis. I had this with a BBS01 and it was only cured with a new controller.
Repairing the controller is futile and trying to remove the grey silicone rubber will cause more damage as it will also lift/damage other minute small pcb components it sticks to.
Other codes will be due to the original ERROR 12.
Once ERROR 12 has occurred then the system next step is to throw up ERROR 30 as comms are down and affected.
That's right, but the LCD wouldn't normally be blank LCD unless there's a dead short due to blown mosfets.

You need to test the mosfets' resistance again. If there's any zero results, you need a new controller.

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 12, 2017
ghent
I have never see error code 12 this morning
It start with error code 3 than 4 than 30 and than nothing no more
the resistance of the fat wires green, yellow and blue out of the controller give;
green yellow 42Kohm
yellow blue 22Kohm
green blue 38Kohm

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Post #1 you stated you had ERROR 12 and the drive stopped, it may be that the mosfets got warm and a thermal cut out occurred. Problem is these controllers are so small and compact, a part from checking the resistance of said mosfets there is little or know way of telling if other damage has occurred with the pcb.

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Dec 12, 2017
ghent
Post #1 you stated you had ERROR 12 and the drive stopped, it may be that the mosfets got warm and a thermal cut out occurred. Problem is these controllers are so small and compact, a part from checking the resistance of said mosfets there is little or know way of telling if other damage has occurred with the pcb.
No it was water in the controller, since then I have all different problems
I think to buy a new complete bbs02 or only a new controller
than I can always made a better diagnose with new components
and the defect product I can sent back to China in warranty I hope
The problem can be the display, motor, controller or just a faulty connection
Now I get no more errors, crazy bafang

D

Deleted member 4366

To measure the mosfet resistance, you must measure between each phase wire and the battery positive, then again to the battery negative (6 results).

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Dec 12, 2017
ghent
To measure the mosfet resistance, you must measure between each phase wire and the battery positive, then again to the battery negative (6 results).
negative
green = 10 Kohm
yellow = 10 Kohm
blue = 10 Kohm
Positive
changing green 1 time 0,5= Mohm 2= 68,5 Kohm 3= 16 Kohm
yelow 1 time 4.6 Kohm 2= 70 Kohm
blue 1 time 4.6 Kohm 2 = 0,5 Mohm
The result are always changing with a new try between positive and the wires.

D

Deleted member 4366

They're always changing because there's a big capacitor across the battery wires, which charges from your meter. They should settle to around 14k.

The main thing is that your results don't show any that are shorted, so the LCD should stay on at least until you operate the throttle or PAS.

Another thing that would interrupt the battery supply is a bad connector or a dry solder joint .

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Dec 12, 2017
ghent
I made a new connection with new connectors to be sure
I'm now waiting on mine new bafang 48v750w
I saw that one of the plastic isolates from the connector in the controller is bad
and can give short circuit with the metal of the controller
I received it so, this is bad work from bafang
And I do not now how te repair it
It is punctuated through the connector

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Dec 12, 2017
ghent
I have bought a new bafang bbs02 and I have changed the old motor with the new controller and the motor worked. But without start up. It drives without power up!. I can also start up and the screen is working and it work normal. What is wrong?

Van Nieuwerburg JP

Dec 12, 2017
ghent
I have changed the controller and the motor is working again
but without start-up (push button) it worked
I have changed the power-up push button and the lcd screen
and also this problem is solved
A lot goes wrong with the bafang BBS02
unreliable

Advertisers