eZee Bike Conversion Kit

joab

Pedelecer
Reviewer: Jo

Purchased From: ebikes.ca

Purchase Price: 1100 euro (including 140 euro customs)

Time Owned: 2 months

Local Terrain: Flat

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Strengths:

Speed: average speed 29km
Radius (my commute is 20km one way, no problem getting home on one load)
Easy to install (one hour)
Limited max speed of 32km
Battery (light, no problems with range after 1200km and 60 cycles)

Weaknesses:
Price
Heavy front wheel, could become a problem with ball head
Summary:
Perfect for my daily commute of 20km one way. I’m a good biker so I give a lot of assistance. Also on my race bike I'm feeling the difference of biking every day. I have a lot more power.
Savings: looks like +-170 euro per month, return on investment after 7 months.

Overall Rating (out of 10) : 9

Last edited:

joab

Pedelecer
Update

June 2008:
I now have 2600km, 105 battery cycles. No sign of power loss on the battery. I’m doing 40km on one load and I always have a green light arriving at home. Re-charging takes about 4 hours.
My total savings are 786 euro, not using the car + bike allowance (in Belgium you can get 15 cents per km tax free!):D .
I had one problem with the throttle last week. The bike was standing in heavy rain all day at work and the throttle was behaving very strange. When I switched off the throttle the wheel was spinning automatically. However after one night in a warm environment the system was back to normal :) .

October 2008:
4500km, 150 battery cycles, no sign of power loss on the battery. My total savings 1400 euro.

November 2008:
5100km, 170 battery cycles, installed pedelec sensor and Cycle Analyst. Speed limit on 25km. Total savings 1544 euro.

April 2009:
7177km, 229 battery cycles. Some signs of power loss on the battery. Total savings 2170 euro.

October 2009:
9681km, 295 battery cycles, 7ah left out of 9.6ah on the battery. Total savings 3000 euro.

June 2010:
12826km, 381 battery cycles, 6ah left out of 9,6ah on the battery. Total savings 4097 euro.

November 2010:
14545km, 425 battery cycles - Battery replaced with 14ah Li-Pol from EZEE. Total savings 4912 euro.

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Congratulations Joab,

This is an impressive achievement and a testament to the quality of the eZee conversion kit.
You have made a considerable contribution to reducing pollution and will soon have saved 6 times your financial investment.

I wish you many more kilometers of riding;)

Regards,