Ezee Quando1...6 years old but un-ridden and kept dry last 5 and a quarter..good condition

keithhazel1961

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 10, 2014
Good evening bikers,
Not having touched electric bikes or been able to read about them i have no idea how far they have gone so what i once thought was a brilliant bike might be an also ran now,i did briefly just look on e-bay and saw batteries for £200 for my Quando which is half what they where when i bought it which is good news for you electric's...i did have my bike on here i think 18 months ago and was going to use the same thread but i was unable to use my old log-in so i will have to tell you its history again...
Somewhere i have the receipt and im pretty sure it was just over 6 years ago i bought it,i lived in Hull and used it to get to my Girlfriend in Doncaster via the train,for 6 months i did this and as she was not well to save a couple of hours getting to her i bought the house next door to her..sounds drastic but i had two emergency calls from her and two £50 taxi's later decided it was going to be cheaper to buy the house next door...up to this point i had looked after my bike well,i changed the front handle bars as per picture as the tiny ones it come with didn't have enough stability for me...i looked after the battery as good as is possible...when i moved house i sold the bike to my girlfriends friend in hilly Wales,who in the 6 months she had it used it twice and never charged it at all as it was fully charged when she collected it from me..she gave me it back telling me to use it or sell it and buy my girlfriend something useful with the money..i moved house and many complications set in so didn't do anything with the bike..even charge it !!!! but it was inside the house all the time...18 months ago when i did briefly put it on here i charged it up a couple of times just to see motor was fine as knew battery was Kaput by now...it did a mile on power alone so motor good..here we are 18 moths later and im determined its going this time,if not on here then in two weeks on e-bay..i prefer a place where people are dedicated to electrics like here..i charged it up this afternoon which only took an hour due to lost capacity...the airport from here is my mile marker and pedel back but it took me all the way there and all the way back and still some life in it,the mileometer doesnt work now but it felt pretty much the way it did,a slight loss of Beastly power but the battery obviously,suprised to see when i got back the magnetic charging lights on front still work too,obviously in the last 5 years a few things need tweaking such as brakes and pads,and im sure there cant be much of a problem to fix the lighting..the only rust on the bike is on the spring on the leg stand which you can see in the picture,there are no deep gouges just light scratch's and mostly seem to be in plastic stickers,a few light ones around rear chain guard,the funny fuzzy look around the metal near the bottom of battery frame is simply dust as there is all over as i had no time to dust befor picture..poor excuse i know.i paid £1024 at the time,i asked someones advice the last time here and they said rule of thumb was 25% off for being second hand,take the price of a new battery off...im sure i will be advised now to alter the rule of thumb and apply some other deductions but im willing to listen to sensible offers,i live 1 mile from Robin Hood airport..i will post but obviously at 30kg thats going to add a bit to price,i'm also willing to meet at Doncaster railway Station if someone wanted to collect from there...i will leave it on here for two weeks so offers are welcomed,if any other info is required please ask and i will reply inside 12 hours mostly..
Quando.jpg

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I just managed to get the gist before dying of boredom! Hence being able to answer above.

Reactions: tillson

keithhazel1961

Jun 10, 2014
A friendly word of advice Keith,

No one is going to read all this stuff*, I nodded off halfway through:confused:

* apart from Flecc;)
fair point..i just wanted to show the history,i went all the way to wales and bought a big ugly second hand electric bike only to be ripped off as when i got off the train the battery was duff,the seat was non adjustable,the gears didn't work,the brakes where crap and by the time i cycled it home i was wrecked and so was the arthritis in my foot ...i didnt have time for a test ride between connections is the answer to your question...but i hear your message...

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
A friendly word of advice Keith,

No one is going to read all this stuff*, I nodded off halfway through:confused:

* apart from Flecc;)
Yes the clue was in the thread title, by far the longest I've seen.
I read two lines and then skipped down to the picture.
Good luck with the sale;)

PS shot & sweet is best

C

Cyclezee

Q. I am still rather confused, am I right in thinking that you bought a new eZee Quando several years ago and paid £1024 for it ?
A simple yes or no will do.
(By the way it's Quando 2, not a Quando 1)

Oh, unless you are skilled surgeon those eBay batteries aren't going to fit.

My advice, don't buy a new battery, put it in an eBay auction with an honest and brief description of it's condition for 10 days with a starting bid of 99p and Buy It Now of £250.

If it makes the £243 as Flecc calculated, result.

Last edited by a moderator:

keithhazel1961

Jun 10, 2014
Q. I am still rather confused, am I right in thinking that you bought a new eZee Quando several years ago and paid £1024 for it ?
A simple yes or no will do.
(By the way it's Quando 2, not a Quando 1)

Oh, unless you are skilled surgeon those eBay batteries aren't going to fit.

My advice, don't buy a new battery, put it in an eBay auction with an honest and brief description of it's condition for 10 days with a starting bid of 99p and Buy It Now of £250.

If it make the £243 as Flecc calculated, result.
Simple yes

i wasn't sure about those ebay batteries but thats where it was my turn to get confused as it says they fit a quando 1 and i thought thats what i had

if i put it on ebay and it sells for £243 where is the "result" are you unaware of the 20%conbined fee's you pay via e-bay and pay-pal as that will make it £194.40...i prefer to try my luck on here as someone who knows its been ridden for 6 months only and never been left out of a house might appreciate a good buy,if you have never ridden effertlessly up embankments and other steep hills while pedaling as though its flat to peoples astonishment,then you've never ridden a Quando...
Once again i hear what you say and appreciate any input..

"at the end of the day..its night"

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I recently sold my 2008 kalkhoff Agattu less than 800 dry miles and the battery had a good 80% life left in it.
I started off offering it at what I thought was a good price, only to find months later, no one wanted it, in the end it went for £300.
At least that was money towards my new cube, rather than keeping an unloved/unwanted bike getting in the way.
Now I own and ride a modern pedelec, I realise why no one wants to buy secondhand, old technology.
Again I wish you the best of luck with your sale, there's always gumtree

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Simple yes

i wasn't sure about those ebay batteries but thats where it was my turn to get confused as it says they fit a quando 1 and i thought thats what i had

if i put it on ebay and it sells for £243 where is the "result" are you unaware of the 20%conbined fee's you pay via e-bay and pay-pal as that will make it £194.40...i prefer to try my luck on here as someone who knows its been ridden for 6 months only and never been left out of a house might appreciate a good buy,if you have never ridden effertlessly up embankments and other steep hills while pedaling as though its flat to peoples astonishment,then you've never ridden a Quando...

Just as a matter of fact it's 13.4% fees and PP if sold on thiefBay. Which is more than enough BTW.

If you sold it as pick up only you would be wanting cash I should think. Because if you took payment through PayPal for a pick up item you would be leaving yourself wide open to fraud.

C

Cyclezee

Simple yes

You are quite right Keith,

What I should have said is if you clear £243 then you have result, but realistically I can't see you getting much more than that, it's a 6 year old bike without a battery which is the most expensive single component.
A new genuine eZee 36v 11Ah battery costs £330 with a 2 year guarantee, so the buyer would have to pay getting on for £600 to have it working with no warranty on the other components.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
if you have never ridden effertlessly up embankments and other steep hills while pedaling as though its flat to peoples astonishment,then you've never ridden a Quando...
Keith, you are absolutely right.

For anyone who wants a simple single-speed e-bike that flattens hills while having the ability to fold, this Quando 2 is the best. Those of us in the know have the knowledge that this is a better climber than even the latest Quando (sorry John!), since it has the 30 amp controller rather than the current 20 amp one. As the A to B reviewer said when it was first launched, it just carries on largely without pedalling as if hills didn't exist.

So at £250 after just a few months use, plus £330 for one of today's much improved batteries, it's will easily perform up to and beyond that £580 value level.

You can read more about this older model on my website link

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Keith, you are absolutely right.

For anyone who wants a simple single-speed e-bike that flattens hills while having the ability to fold, this is the best. Those of us in the know have the knowledge that this is a better climber than even the latest Quando (sorry John!), since it has the 30 amp controller rather than the current 20 amp one. As the A to B reviewer said when it was first launched, it just carries on largely without pedalling as if hills didn't exist.

So at £250 after just a few months use, plus £330 for one of today's much improved batteries, it's will easily perform up to and beyond that £580 value level.

Yiu can read more about this older model on my website link
Hmm interesting Tony,

I haven't seen a Quando with a 30amp controller, this includes 2 that I own personally, a Quando 1 and 2.

Today I had a customers Quando 2 in the workshop. It dates from 2009 and was originally sold by Onbike, it also has a 20amp controller.

keithhazel1961

Jun 10, 2014
I recently sold my 2008 kalkhoff Agattu less than 800 dry miles and the battery had a good 80% life left in it.
I started off offering it at what I thought was a good price, only to find months later, no one wanted it, in the end it went for £300.
At least that was money towards my new cube, rather than keeping an unloved/unwanted bike getting in the way.
Now I own and ride a modern pedelec, I realise why no one wants to buy secondhand, old technology.
Again I wish you the best of luck with your sale, there's always gumtree
WOW thats just superb to have 80% power after 5-6 years,i really wanted something like that kind of bike when i bought the Quando but i know 50% of the time i would not get on the train as they where so packed where i never failed getting on with my folder,bagged it looked no more then a large case with handle..i wanted a full size bike as i liked to bike hard and the assist would have been for wind use and to get me up to speed quick so i could take over,but only the Quando was certain to get me there..i used to pray there was a big hill round the corner or rough terrain
It has been circumstances that have kept it in the spare room,it was NEVER unloved,if you dont love a Quando...your a spoke short of a wheel :p...
And the only thing unwanted was the flat ground where i lived..
Hope your getting on well with your Cube,personally i could only ever get the first two levels the same colour...bloody rubic cost me many lost hours sleep..

"at the end of the day..its night "

Reactions: Cyclezee