F1 Abu Dhabi....

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Oh....HAPPY DAYS.....oh HAPPY DAYS......

:D :D :D

Lynda :D

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Great stuff...BUT lucky or what!lol

D

Deleted member 4366

Did you see the way Bernie Ecclestone was cuddling Vettel. Does that tell you anything about why Vettel keeps winning and why Louis has so much bad luck?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, good for Lewis to get back on top at last after a very poor patch.

I still hate what passes for F1 racing now though. First, second and third at the end of the first lap was exactly how they finished yet again. It's basically a procession with occasional position changing through the artificial devices of DRS and tyre change stops, just to simulate some "excitement".

In fact I set to record early in the race and went out. That way I was able to fast-forward the most boring majority of it later on my return.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Did you see the way Bernie Ecclestone was cuddling Vettel. Does that tell you anything about why Vettel keeps winning and why Louis has so much bad luck?
Yes, that made me cringe at the blatancy of it. Once Vettel had been allowed to complete his record number of poles and get the championship as well, a duff tyre could be fitted to allow another winner to keep the public engaged in the interests of the "sport".

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Oh you cynical lot.... LOL

Mind you do have a point......or two :)

But nothing can burst my happy bubble right now :D

Lynda :)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Oh you cynical lot.... LOL

Mind you do have a point......or two :)

But nothing can burst my happy bubble right now :D

I think H already has a girlfriend....:p

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
I think H already has a girlfriend....:p
No....I think hes lost his Pussy cat doll :D

However, that aside, I think he might be too much for me......or is that the other way round... ROFLMAO :D

Lynda

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Oh....HAPPY DAYS.....oh HAPPY DAYS......

:D :D :D
Lynda :D
Sorry but i just dont get this racing around thing but dont hold it against me it's just the way i am, same as football i cant get excited bout that either spose im' just not competitive or some would say boring .!

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Sorry but i just dont get this racing around thing but dont hold it against me it's just the way i am, same as football i cant get excited bout that either spose im' just not competitive or some would say boring .!
Well.........I have to agree with you about the football.....and rugby,cricket,golf,tennis..........OK I am ducking down now ! :D

I like Motosport though ..........oh...and cycling of course :)

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Well.........I have to agree with you about the football.....and rugby,cricket,golf,tennis..........OK I am ducking down now ! :D

I like Motosport though ..........oh...and cycling of course :)

Hi Lyn glad we agree on some things i.e.rugby,cricket,golf,tennis but i do have a weakness for boxing and thai boxing also Taekwondo so i'm not too boring but then saying that both my sons excell in both martial arts so sorry but i am a little biased hey i dont feel such a wus now .!

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Hi Lyn glad we agree on some things i.e.rugby,cricket,golf,tennis but i do have a weakness for boxing and thai boxing also Taekwondo so i'm not too boring but then saying that both my sons excell in both martial arts so sorry but i am a little biased hey i dont feel such a wus now .!
Thank god I have an ally....( and that I forgot to add boxing to my list LOL )......thought I was in danger of getting shot down.....now there are two of us I will just duck down behind you :D

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Thank god I have an ally....( and that I forgot to add boxing to my list LOL )......thought I was in danger of getting shot down.....now there are two of us I will just duck down behind you :D

fair enough get thee behind me and you shall be well goodly ennit .!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
i do have a weakness for boxing and thai boxing also Taekwondo so i'm not too boring but then saying that both my sons excell in both martial arts so sorry but i am a little biased hey i dont feel such a wus now .!
I just don't get all these martial arts, despite having friends who are keen exponents. None of them are as good as a gun!

There are so many variants too, though there are really just two types that get renamed every so often to appear like many things over time:

Wing Chun, Capoeira, Kickboxing, Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do, Savate, Karate, Kung Fu, Muay Thai, Glima, Judo, Sambo, Sumo, Aikido, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Hapkido, Jujutsu, Shuai Jiao.

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Ooooh...steady on there Flecc.....Guns ?........lets not all start shooting each other :D

Lets stick to verbal LOL

BTW....never realised there were so many ''kicky'' sports .....

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
I just don't get all these martial arts, despite having friends who are keen exponents. None of them are as good as a gun!

There are so many variants too, though there are really just two types that get renamed every so often to appear like many things over time:

Wing Chun, Capoeira, Kickboxing, Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do, Savate, Karate, Kung Fu, Muay Thai, Glima, Judo, Sambo, Sumo, Aikido, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Hapkido, Jujutsu, Shuai Jiao.
Truth said Flecc but Muay Thai has always been what it is now and as far as i'm concerned it is tha hardest of them all only in so much that it is full contact i have been to many Grand Prix bouts i.e. thai boxers V all Martial arts and there was just no contest thai won hands down , now guns you are talking my second most fav. pastime .i love the shooters am i sad or what , saying all of the above i realy am a nice chap and woulden't say boo to a goose ..!

D

Deleted member 4366

Flecc, you're letting yourself down. You need to watch a few kung foo films and you'll see that Bruce Lee and Jacky Chan can beat the guns every time!

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Flecc, you're letting yourself down. You need to watch a few kung foo films and you'll see that Bruce Lee and Jacky Chan can beat the guns every time!
Yes you hit the nail on the head there d8veh they do beat the guns cos thats what the script says .hee hee !

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, in films anything is possible after the edit! :)

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
Not to forget Steven Segal...:D

Seriously though, I am a huge football & tennis fan. Men's tennis is at a real peak right now with the top 4 in the world playing at such an incredibly high level, it's a great time to be following the sport.

Advertisers