Falco e-motors kickstarter project

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I think derf's comment was pointed at me and I fail to see why he chose to post it here.

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
I think derf's comment was pointed at me and I fail to see why he chose to post it here.
no, it wasn't - it was rather in response to d8veh i think suggesting early on the OP has a vested interest he is not disclosing (that's the same d8veh who, much as i respect his knowledge and help at other times, was telling us how wonderful some kudos batteries were). i wish, for what its worth, this forum was a lot more disinterested and commercial, but supect thre's inevitably someone paying the piper

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
derf, the forum needs sponsors. From the 15 sponsors, there are about 300-500 bikes and 30 kits. I've been on here for the last 4 years and I think there is an unwritten rule that recommendations should go first to one of the sponsors then next to the ones who merit the most. In return, members can expect the best support from the traders here. You can see why I discourage members from buying directly from China because a) they don't support this forum, b) it's better to pay your taxes and c) the help from members of the forum should really be last resort. D8veh's expertise has helped countless members when nobody can. His views are always influential but also straightforward and unbiased. Many traders here have been helped by him now and then through his recommendations but I don't think he's ever taken money from any of them.

Reactions: jonathan75 and RobF
D

Deleted member 4366

right...and there isn't any commercial connections between "experts" on this forum and companies here? hmmm, I think the word ironic doesn't scratch the surface. I'd say the pot is calling the kettle black, but even that wouldn't really do justice to it.
I'm not sure what your point is there. Are you saying that you believe that this kit weighs 2.5kg and does 200 miles plus?

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
derf, the forum needs sponsors. From the 15 sponsors, there are about 300-500 bikes and 30 kits. I've been on here for the last 4 years and I think there is an unwritten rule that recommendations should go first to one of the sponsors then next to the ones who merit the most. In return, members can expect the best support from the traders here. You can see why I discourage members from buying directly from China because a) they don't support this forum, b) it's better to pay your taxes and c) the help from members of the forum should really be last resort. D8veh's expertise has helped countless members when nobody can. His views are always influential but also straightforward and unbiased. Many traders here have been helped by him now and then through his recommendations but I don't think he's ever taken money from any of them.
that is being transparent, i dont think too many forumites knew this is the arrangement. A vested interest is fine if it is transparent - not hidden. I think products should be recomended on merit, not because someone is funding a website. i think quite a few members might challenge your view that traders provide support here in return for hving their products recomended

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
I'm not sure what your point is there. Are you saying that you believe that this kit weighs 2.5kg and does 200 miles plus?
nope, i emphatically dont believe it. equally i have some misgivings about those returned batteries from kudos, and i have rather stronger feelings about the fact that the cranks dropped off my woosh santa ana after 300 miles.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
that is being transparent, i dont think too many forumites knew this is the arrangement. A vested interest is fine if it is transparent - not hidden. I think products should be recomended on merit, not because someone is funding a website. i think quite a few members might challenge your view that traders provide support here in return for hving their products recomended
Look, woosh gets lots of recommendations on here because lots of the blokes on here fancy Hatti.

Is that transparent enough for you?

D

Deleted member 4366

no, it wasn't - it was rather in response to d8veh i think suggesting early on the OP has a vested interest he is not disclosing (that's the same d8veh who, much as i respect his knowledge and help at other times, was telling us how wonderful some kudos batteries were).
One of my hobbies is fixing ebike batteries. I do it for free for anybody that needs their battery fixed. I've fixed batteries for many dealers as well as private individuals. I therefore have quite a bit of knowledge about batteries. If I say a battery is good, there's some basis to my judgement, and I can assure you that I have never misdirected anybody because of commercial links. I have never taken any money from any trader for anything and that includes from Kudos for my pseudo Kudos dealership. The only commercial activity I have done is to sell a few spare parts on Ebay, where I bought parts in quantity to get the price down, mainly to the benefit of forum members.

Please get that clear.

Hang on. I tell a lie. I sorted out a controller this week for a forum member. Although I told him not to, he put a £10 note in the box with the controller. I meant to send it back, but in my hurry to get the controller boxed up and back to him, I forgot.

D

Deleted member 4366

Look, woosh gets lots of recommendations on here because lots of the blokes on here fancy Hatti.

Is that transparent enough for you?
Of cause we do. She's got some nice friends too.

Reactions: Woosh
C

Cyclezee

Hi Derf,

I think that your comments can be excused as you are relatively new to the forum, maybe once you been around a bit longer you will come to realise that it is a friendly place to be where knowledge, advice and help are given freely by several highly experienced members with no expectation of reward or favour.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Hi Derf,

I think that your comments can be excused as you are relatively new to the forum, maybe once you been around a bit longer you will come to realise that it is a friendly place to be where knowledge, advice and help are given freely by several highly experienced members with no expectation of reward or favour.
Quite right.

Me and d8 have never met and disagree on some things, but there's no need to put the guy to proof over his motives for posting here.

As he says, reading the forum over a few months rather than a few weeks is the key.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I Don't always agree with D8veh but I respect his knowledge and believe him to be honest. Certainly read enought of him helping others.
Can understand his liking of Hatti. Her products do appear to be good value too.
And I have see snake oil salesmen and fraudsters enough to be warily when things don't add up.

Anyone who tells me they can beat the laws of physics goes straight into the fraudster pot unless a believable explanation comes out.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
I Don't always agree with D8veh but I respect his knowledge and believe him to be honest. Certainly read enought of him helping others.
Can understand his liking of Hatti. Her products do appear to be good value too.
And I have see snake oil salesmen and fraudsters enough to be warily when things don't add up.

Anyone who tells me they can beat the laws of physics goes straight into the fraudster pot unless a believable explanation comes out.
You just don't want to innovate, lead, and embrace technological revolution! You people are the enemies of progress! Just because you have closed minds shouldn't make you try to deprive the consumers of the future of Falco's plutonium-decay-powered silent 100 mile weightless electric bike kit. And think of the future investors you'll be depriving of the opportunity to help change the entire engineering paradigm.

#sarc

Reactions: Alan Quay
D

Deleted member 4366

I try to do my best to promote new stuff. I spend a lot of my own money seeking out innovations that I think will benefit all of us, but as you've figured out, I hate anything that involves deception. I try to be as truthful and honest as I can, and I expect others to do the same. It's a real shame that Falco couldn't introduce their new products without all the spin.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013
Anybody that have read more than a few posts should know D8veh is honest and very helpful