False Tits

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Am I being unfair in my view that private medical firms who have fitted defective breast implants into women should now take responsibility for removing them?

I have just seen an interview with a man called Mel Braham who states that he represents private clinics who are involved in the tit enhancement industry. Chief Tit Braham seems to be of the opinion that the NHS, and I suppose by inference me, us, you, should take on responsibility for rectifying their work. Apparently the clinics can't afford to put things right.

These people have made vast sums of money by shoving sacks of silicon into women's chests. They have been quite happy to take on the responsibility of emptying the bank accounts of the shallow, vain and insecure. I am outraged that this vile snivelling excuse for a human being, Braham, having trousered the money, now wants to alleviate himself and his kind of all responsibility for what has gone wrong and actually wants me to pay.

This situation condenses everything that is wrong at the moment into one miserable episode of vanity, greed and shirking of responsibility. I feel like hunting these people down and setting them on fire.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've heard a subsequent interview of a representative of one of the heath firms who raises the issue of approval. His stance is that since they went ahead with the implants after they had been approved, the approval authority is to blame for authorising a potentially unsafe procedure.

Fundamentally the same government's organisations have approved unsuitable implants, advice which the private health companies accepted in good faith, but now demand the removal is not their responsibility. That is an equally morally questionable position.

I think there is arguably a shared responsibility for costs here and some costs to the taxpayer are unavoidable.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I suppose all of this is going to be argued during very expensive bouts of legal action. The lawyers will be the only winners.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Isn't it ever thus.

Unfortunately that's where a different competence comes into play and the taxpayer probably will lose out. Companies are usually more legally adept than our governments as the fraud case failure rate shows

Advertisers