First electric bike

Martlin998

Just Joined
Apr 30, 2018
Fetcham
Hi all,
I am Martin,my hobbies are classic motorcycles and cars.
I am at the moment rebuilding an MG Midget,this will be great fun when the weather
improves!I like my toys,and have just bought a Ecolux electric mountain bike.
I haven't a clue regarding electric bikes,and wonder if anyone out there can let me
have any information regarding this model.All I can tell you is that it is the same model
that were issued to some park patrol Police.
No identifying marks anywhere on the bike.
Where were they made? what year ?
Any information gratefully received.
Best wishes,
Martin.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Try looking for the thread on here titled Has anybody any info on Ecolux UK tornado bicycle. And Exseisior/strong GTS cromotor build and Strong GTS fast road commuter threads on the endless sphere forum.

Sent from my T1005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joe_Goes

Martlin998

Just Joined
Apr 30, 2018
Fetcham
Looks like I have got lost in my own posting!
I had not realised I would have such quick responses!
Well done!
But I must return to my origional request for information on this bike.
Quite rightly I was picked up for not posting a picture of the machine!
I have now put on a photo,so please any information as my origional
request gratefully received.
Regards,
Martin.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Looks like it is 36volt lead acid batteries with a brushed motor which is old tech by today's standards, could be around 10 years old, maybe a little more. Lots of bikes like this produced in the day, almost definitely Chinese in origin.

Martlin998

Just Joined
Apr 30, 2018
Fetcham
Checking the bike over I have discovered play where the left and right stauntions
slide through the top yolk.
Have not yet taken the forks apart,looks like a c spanner is required at this point.
My question is,under this top nut which has to be removed with said c spanner,
is there a replaceable bush,or other forks available which might act as a replacement.?

D

Deleted member 4366

It's ball bearings. be careful because they'll most likely all fall on the floor. The idea is that you unlock the ring-nut with the C-spanner (hammer and screwdriver), adjust the play with the hexagonal ring nut, then lock the hex nut by tightening the ring nut against it.

D

Deleted member 22539

It's ball bearings. be careful because they'll most likely all fall on the floor. The idea is that you unlock the ring-nut with the C-spanner (hammer and screwdriver), adjust the play with the hexagonal ring nut, then lock the hex nut by tightening the ring nut against it.
Just to add to this
When you adjust the bottom nut to take the play out always remember that when you tighten the lock nut up it will tighten the bearing adjustment up a bit more due to the play in the threads ,
So get the bottom nut adjusted up nice on the bearings and slighlty back it off to allow for the thread play .