Fitting a new panasonic motor & display

Norwichman2

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 12, 2015
Just go a new motor 300w 26v 170111228 & led display bj 2013

they came with no instructions or wiring diagram (you have to wire a plug)

does any one know on the net where I can find them?

Neil

Reactions: David Mannion

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Flecc who contributes here has a Panasonic help website and that might have what you need. Click on his name and there should be a link to it somewhere on his profile.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That I haven't got Neil, like you I'm unable to get any technical details from Panasonic. Since the circuit board inside is encapsulated and the printed side buried, what all the individual connections are is concealed..

Normally that isn't a problem since both the controller and motor unit usually come with integral wiring looms having connectors that cannot be swapped, only one position for each. Here's the 250 watt motor unit loom for example:

The connections on the right are inside the motor unit, the ones at top left are the ones used to connect the controller and lighting if fitted, the one at bottom left is the battery connector platform.

I've never seen one with loose wires, so wonder what plug it is that you need to wire?

Norwichman2

Aug 12, 2015
That I haven't got Neil, like you I'm unable to get any technical details from Panasonic. Since the circuit board inside is encapsulated and the printed side buried, what all the individual connections are is concealed..

Normally that isn't a problem since both the controller and motor unit usually come with integral wiring looms having connectors that cannot be swapped, only one position for each. Here's the 250 watt motor unit loom for example:

The connections on the right are inside the motor unit, the ones at top left are the ones used to connect the controller and lighting if fitted, the one at bottom left is the battery connector platform.

I've never seen one with loose wires, so wonder what plug it is that you need to wire?
.[/QUOTe}

The display had no plug attached on the end with 8 coloured wires. I emailed the supplier pro-cycling-golla and they sent me two photos of a wired connect to set up the plug correctly.

I found a manual for Panasonic speed bike in the download section which has all the instructions on how to set up the display.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the info. I'm not at all familiar with the speed versions and my site has never covered those or the 36 volt versions. The standard 250 watt 26 volt system has always had prewired display connnectors.

It seems odd that they don't prewire connectors for the speed model, I can only think that there's a choice of function options.

Norwichman2

Aug 12, 2015
Help

I quick one I hope someone can help

Which way round does the power pins that connect to the battery go?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Help

I quick one I hope someone can help

Which way round does the power pins that connect to the battery go?
If it's the same as the 26 volt battery for the 250 watt pedelec version, this link to my site shows the connections. Number one of the five battery connections is the one nearest to the rear wheel when in the bike.

Norwichman2

Aug 12, 2015
Thanks, I had to assemble the bike tonight so I used a voltmeter to work out the connections. The display came without the plug so you could feed it through the frame. I had to drill out wider one hole to get the speedometer pug down the tube. Will test it tomorrow.

Reactions: flecc

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Reactions: flecc