Flat Top Cap Socket Spanner - Fox & RockShox Forks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the flat fox socket is 30 quid and you need one to not damage the top cap to add or remove volume spacers ;)

D

Deleted member 4366

Those fork caps are no different to those used on motorcycles since the year dot. I don't remember anybody having special spanners for them, especially when there was no EBay and even no internet to find one.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Those fork caps are no different to those used on motorcycles since the year dot. I don't remember anybody having special spanners for them, especially when there was no EBay and even no internet to find one.
its not 1885 lol you scratch/mark it you replace the hole lot for free ;)

D

Deleted member 4366

When I was a lad, we never had chain stretch measuring tools either, so nobody ever needed to replace their chain. There was no Muck Off, so you didn't need to clean your bike, but there were loads of little oil caps (anybody remember them?), which you flipped up and squirted in your 3 in One oil. There was no such thing as a bike stand, so all servicing was done with the bike upside down. Life was so much easier then - and less expensive.

When I was about 15 years old, we made an adjustable spanner in metalwork at school. I bought a completely dismantled Triumph Tiger Cub off a guy, and I rebuilt it with more or less that single tool as I didn't have any others.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

you can get 512gb mem chips ;)

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
In all my engineering life I've tried to shy away from adjustable spanners. Right from my apprenticeship 55 years ago I was told "if a job's worth doing it's worth using the right tools".
I still despair when I see an adjustable spanner, usually on the floor with all the other tools, at my LBS

• Agree
Reactions: argoose and EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the i pad pro supports 512gb so it should work tho you try finding some for sale and then get some one to fit it lol :D

Dave Y Fenni

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2017
Y Fenni
In all my engineering life I've tried to shy away from adjustable spanners. Right from my apprenticeship 55 years ago I was told "if a job's worth doing it's worth using the right tools".
I still despair when I see an adjustable spanner, usually on the floor with all the other tools, at my LBS
Same goes, engineering for 45 years. ;)

Related Articles

Advertisers