Fold up bike

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Bike sold this morning £450, happy with that. Search starts now for a couple of folding E Bikes. Just for leasure use, budget of a max of £1200 each, would like to think we could do it cheaper though.

LEBC Tom

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2013
Hampton Wick, KT1 4DA
Talking to Scott from Kudos on Friday who says there are a number of Secrets from Kudos going for a good price at the moment. I have no connection now with Kudos (ex dealer) but I have to say the my money is on the Secret for a 'cheap' compact bike, it was the number one seller at my shop over 3 years and I very rarely saw one back with issues.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Denwyn,did you say how tall you are and riders weights?
Do you want a 15 mph throttle?
KudosDave
I'm 5' 9. Approx 16 st. 29" leg, Her indoors 6' 2 " as for weight, all I will say is a lot less than me... I was used to the throttle on the Woosh, I am sure the Woosh did more than 15mph, was more like 17mph, 15 would be ok. I liked the digital display on the Woosh, the Secret, doesn't seem to have this, which I would miss, don't think it would bother her though.

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I'm 5' 9. Approx 16 st. 29" leg, Her indoors 6' 2 " as for weight, all I will say is a lot less than me... I was used to the throttle on the Woosh, I am sure the Woosh did more than 15mph, was more like 17mph, 15 would be ok. I liked the digital display on the Woosh, the Secret, doesn't seem to have this, which I would miss, don't think it would bother her though.
The Secret would fit you both,it has a telescopic dual height seat post to accommodate short or tall riders. The cutoff is about 15 mph but don't forget you are riding a 20" diameter bike,the small wheels do make the bike feel quicker when you are riding.
We put a larger chainring on the later Secrets to lower the cadence at higher speeds and a 10,4 Ah battery to increase the range.
The LED display seems to work ok for me,it has 3 PAS options.
The concept of the Secret is to keep it as simple as possible.
Hope that helps.
KudosDave

Jason P

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2014
The Secret would happily accommodate you both - I'm 6' with a 32" inseam and it's fine for me. A cracking little bike that rides very well for a folder.