Folding bike for London commute

RossDZ

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 18, 2017
london
Hi; I recently hired an e-bike on a holiday in Italy and loved it. On return to London I have decided to try out commuting on an e-bike. I am minded to buy a folding e-bike so I have the choice to return home on the train, etc. I have test driven the A2B Kuo + which I loved. However, I see that cyclotricity produce the Wallet folding bike for less money, and it seems just as good - with an LCD screen and throttle which are two features that I would like. Can anyone advise on the difference between the Wallet and the Kuo+, and any other e-bikes that may suit me? I am 6ft 2 but found the Kuo + to be very comfortable and absorbed the bumps on the road well.
Thanks

RossDZ

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 18, 2017
london
I should add that my commute is either 3 miles if I get a train in between or 11.5 miles if I cycle all the way. There are some steep hills near my house (north of Hampstead... Mill Hill).

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Ross,

If you want to cycle all the way, then take a look at the woosh Zephyr.
It is comfortable, fast, well equipped and has sufficient battery capacity for the 22 miles a day commute,
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?zephyr-2017

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
sorry no, Ross. We can't afford London rent!
We are 3 minute walk from either Southend Victoria (Liverpool St station) or Southend Central (Fenchurch Station).
If you collect the bike and ride home, we knock £20 off your bill.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Ross, if you can stretch to £1799 it is certainly worth trying the Wisper 806Torque. We can arrange a test ride and servicing at London Bridge if you are interested?

The bike has Jagwire brake cables and disc brakes back and front, imperative to remain safe when coming down those hills! It has a very quiet powerful motor which is operated by a torque sensor connected to the pedals. Excellent for starting off on steep hills.

If I can be of assistance please let me know.

https://wisperbikes.com/e-bikes/806-torque-folding-bike/

All the best, David

Reactions: Izzyekerslike

edge.bike

Trade Member
Jul 13, 2017
London
Hi Ross
We are doing a great deal on a folding bike at £599 and we can send you out our demonstrator as well. It has just gone from Muswell Hill to Mill Hill. We can put you next on the list or you can come to us. We are near Uxbridge. (See photo below)

Please PM me if you would like to discuss.

www.edge.bike

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Sneak spy shot of the new colours available in the Wisper 905se.....

We have dedicated a whole 40' high top container to these little beauties and have sold almost half of them already. We predict they will be completely sold out before the ship arrived in four weeks.

IMG_4823.JPG

All the best, David

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I should add that my commute is either 3 miles if I get a train in between or 11.5 miles if I cycle all the way. There are some steep hills near my house (north of Hampstead... Mill Hill).
An 11.5 mile commute is almost ideal for radically improving fitness.

If you're truly up for it then go for a larger wheeled bike and skip the train. Think of it as investing in your health and buy a substantial bike.
Then you should successfully manage a life-changing decision.

If you compromise with a cheap folder you'll jeopardise achieving a fantastic goal.
Good luck and I hope you do go for it!

D

Deleted member 4366

Sneak spy shot of the new colours available in the Wisper 905se.....

We have dedicated a whole 40' high top container to these little beauties and have sold almost half of them already. We predict they will be completely sold out before the ship arrived in four weeks.

View attachment 20355

All the best, David
I'ts a shame about the colours. If you could have had nice colours, you'd have sold twice as many. Oh well, you win some and lose some.

Reactions: Croxden