FOR SALE: 3pcs Eltek Flatpack2 HE 48V 3000W Power Supplies (1st gen w/ silver fascia)

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
FOR SALE: 3pcs Eltek Flatpack2 HE 48V 3000W Power Supplies (1st gen w/ silver fascia)

I have three Flatpack2 HE 3000W power supplies in almost new condition. They were originally purchased for use in redundant servers and other than a power-up test every six months, they have never been used. When the servers were decommissioned, I purchased them for use in a personal project, but no longer need them, so I am now offering these power supplies for sale. There are some very light marks to the casing where the power supplies have been installed/removed from the servers, otherwise they are in excellent condition.

IMG_20170315_165226crop.jpg

IMG_20170315_164749crop.jpg

IMG_20170604_105024crop.jpg

1pc - £90 + p&p.
2pcs - £85 each (£170 for the pair) + p&p.
3pcs - £80 each (£240 for all three) + p&p.

They are available either for collection (located in Westbury, UK) or can be shipped. Shipping within the majority of the UK is £7 for 1pc, please contact me for a quote for international shipping or for multiple pcs. Power supplies to be shipped are payable via PayPal, otherwise cash on collection.

These power supplies are the fairly rare 1st generation Flatpack2 HE (high efficiency) 3000W version with silver fascia. Voltage is permanently programmable via CANBUS as detailed in the following thread on Endless Sphere:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=71139

I can also program them to a specific voltage before shipping if required, else they will be shipped with their outputs at the default voltage of 53.5V.

Please let me know if you are interested, or require a shipping quote.

Thanks,

Dan

mxer

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2010
How easy?(what equipment) is needed for reprogramming , I need 50v. I would like to know how to program myself for future.

I've read parts of the ES thread but goes way over my head unless I've missed the basic tutorials?.

I don't have Arduirno or any experience but have played with Linux and basic Rasp pi flashing?..

Am I way off, lol.

Interesting kit, very interested for future use, getting tired of Popping Bms battery alloy shell. Charges

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Reprogramming these chargers is my first and only experience of CANBUS programming. I never read a basic tutorial before attempting it - just ordered the necessary hardware (link below) and jumped straight in trying to decipher the instructions on Endless Sphere with the CANBUS software open on the screen in front of me. It took me a few attempts over a couple of hours, but I successfully worked it out in the end.

USB-CAN Converter: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381876539162

Using an Arduino with a CANBUS shield gives additional possibilities such as monitoring and live voltage/current adjustments, but I only wanted to reprogram the power supplies, for which the above hardware was sufficient.

If you're technically minded, good with computers and enjoy a bit of tinkering, you'll likely be able to figure it out.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
To be honest, reprogramming these supplies is the easy part. Working out a solid method to interface with the DC outputs and the huge currents involved is the hard bit.

mxer

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2010
That's great thanks, I'll do a bit more research for now, cheers.

Just quickly, if you sent me a programmed 50v unit, could I plug and play 50v shut off?

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
That's great thanks, I'll do a bit more research for now, cheers.

Just quickly, if you sent me a programmed 50v unit, could I plug and play 50v shut off?
Yes, I can program these supplies to 50V, then they will behave like any other 50V CC/CV power supply.

Just to clarify a couple of points:
  1. These are 3000W supplies that will output about 56A. This output current cannot be permanently reprogrammed in the same way as voltage can. Current adjustment is only possible with other, permanently connected hardware (Arduino CANBUS control).
  2. These supplies do not "shut off" like a dedicated charger. They will hold the battery at whatever voltage the output has been programmed to once the charge current has tapered down to zero.
What battery are you looking to charge?

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
PRICE DROP!!!

1pc - £85 + p&p.
2pcs - £80 each (£160 for the pair) + p&p.
3pcs - £75 each (£225 for all three) + p&p.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
FINAL PRICE DROP!!!

1pc - £80 + p&p.
2pcs - £75 each (£150 for the pair) + p&p.
3pcs - £70 each (£210 for all three) + p&p.