FOR SALE: Another Torq for sale **SOLD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterE

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 26, 2006
I have three electric bikes: an aluminium Cannondale road bike, a Pearson MTB and a
Torq. The ordinary bikes are powered by Heinzmann 36v Nimh, the Torq is 37v Lithium.

I bought the Torq last summer in the expectation that it would be as good if not better than my other bikes. I did so on the strength of the A to B review but without benefit of Flecc”s excellent site or the general views on this forum.
But my cycling is for leisure only - I use the train sometimes where the smaller size of the ordinary bikes makes them easier to fit in the carriage. Other times my cycling involves steep hills (this is Surrey) which I can no longer manage but which the Torq also finds too difficult. On a hill it does not like the Torq seems to give up completely whereas the Heinzmann bikes will slow but rarely stop. The much lower gearing on these bikes makes it easier to help the motor along. However on the flat and on slight hills the Torq is excellent and should make a good commuter bike. Load carrying is excellent.
The mileage to date is less than 100, the two batteries have been fully discharged twice since when they have been in a warm room with top up charges every now and again.
Like others on this forum I have made some changes. The gearing cassette has been changed to a 8 speed Megarange (11-13-15-17-20-23-26-34). I have not fully tested this so it may need some fine adjustment.
I was unhappy with the braking so the V and roller brakes have been replaced with Magura hydraulics (HS11). I had only long hydraulic cable so the front extra cable has been coiled (neatly I think) near the handlebar. This can easily be altered to its correct length if the buyer is a handyman/woman but it can be a messy job. A local bike shop that is used to dealing with Maguras could do the job easily. All the necessary spares, fluid and user manual are supplied with the bike.
The half mudguards have been replaced with full size ones. The front light and dynamo have been removed but can easily be restored. A rear view mirror had been added. There is chain lock Brunel would have been proud of and a track pump as supplied by 50 cycles. I am asking £450 for this bike including charger and second battery.
The bike can be collected from Sutton (Surrey/South London). If anyone on this forum is interested please email with any queries etc. If nobody is interested then Ebay next stop
PeterE

PeterE

Nov 26, 2006
Another Torq for sale.

Hi
Yes - nobody else has shown any interest yet
PeterE

kimak

Just Joined
Mar 24, 2007
I want buy MTB

They are interested to yours mtb electrical worker that you would have to send in Italy
You could send the photos to my address kimako@gmail.com in order to estimate.
Sends of the photos with the particular

I do not know the motor torq which speed arrives the mtb?
it works in climb?

walter
in Italy

PeterE

Nov 26, 2006
They are interested to yours mtb electrical worker that you would have to send in Italy
You could send the photos to my address kimako@gmail.com in order to estimate.
Sends of the photos with the particular

I do not know the motor torq which speed arrives the mtb?
it works in climb?

walter
in Italy
Hello Walter
I am afraid the MTB is not for sale - only the Torq.
Regards
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.