FOR SALE: Ezee Cadence, quick sale to buy my new bike £350

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
selling my cadence for a bargain price everything is fine with the bike I'm a few hundred short of my dream bike so this has to go to fund it

absolutely brilliant hill climber it will do any hill on the power alone (left twist throttle) but has pedal assist mode too

battery holds a full charge and the charger works fine with it too

collection in west yorkshire area

thanks

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
It was only at the of September you were raving over this bike. What happened in just a month?

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
It was only at the of September you were raving over this bike. What happened in just a month?
It's difficult getting it out of my garden so I'm getting a much lighter bike. I tried ramp to help but the incline is so steep that it's too dangerous - more so coming back down it

I love riding this bike but I hate lifting it up and down out of the house/garden I believe it's damaging my hands/arms

If you've been reading my posts you'll know that this bike's range is also falling short for me, the battery price to upgrade the range is a 650 quid battery - I'm not paying that for a battery I'd rather get a new bike and sell this one

hope that helps

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
"If you've been reading my posts you'll know that this bike's range is also falling short for me, the battery price to upgrade the range is a 650 quid battery - I'm not paying that for a battery I'd rather get a new bike and sell this one"

Ye gods, what sort of battery cost £650? Is it nuclear, or do you get to shoot the Duracell bunny?

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
"If you've been reading my posts you'll know that this bike's range is also falling short for me, the battery price to upgrade the range is a 650 quid battery - I'm not paying that for a battery I'd rather get a new bike and sell this one"

Ye gods, what sort of battery cost £650? Is it nuclear, or do you get to shoot the Duracell bunny?
eZee Parts and Kits - electric bikes and conversion kits

690 for a 20ah

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Or get the 28ah version for £895.

I've long had a liking for eZee bikes (and currently have 4) but have to say the replacement battery price is the killer.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Not as bad as the Bionx, but bad enough. Think I'll stick with Bosch.

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
16 miles on power alone (very hilly terrain) OR difficult to say on pedal assist but obviously a lot more - the most I've had is 28 miles - hope that helps

I do like it on power alone it allows you to take in the scenery and be more relaxed

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
sold pending collection thanks for your interest

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
what is your next project if you don't mind me asking?

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
16 miles on power alone (very hilly terrain) OR difficult to say on pedal assist but obviously a lot more - the most I've had is 28 miles - hope that helps

I do like it on power alone it allows you to take in the scenery and be more relaxed
How on earth can that be letting you down on range?

The bike weighs a ton, hilly terrain, throttle only for 16 miles!

C

Cyclezee

A correction to my previous post, some of our battery prices have actually come down, e.g. the eZee 37v 14Ah VP is now £425:D

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
averhamdave - I suppose my journeys are longer that yours? I wonder on average what the expectation of a 10ah battery is as goodness knows manufacturers descriptions seem to be a tad 'off'

Cyclezee - that's a much better price for the 14ah but I have to think long term and the battery prices are just too much in comparison with everywhere else

my next project? Not sure right now I'm keeping my eyes peeled for new model releases and looking at a lot of conversion options with a view of keeping weight down and range long

C

Cyclezee

Cyclezee - that's a much better price for the 14ah but I have to think long term and the battery prices are just too much in comparison with everywhere else
What batteries are you comparing ours to and are you comparing like for like when it comes to quality?
Please note we also have several brands of conversion kit available.

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
What batteries are you comparing ours to and are you comparing like for like when it comes to quality?
Please note we also have several brands of conversion kit available.
I wish every manufacturer would send me theirs to compare but that's not likely so I can't say whether something is like for like until I've thoroughly tested it

I do struggle to imagine that the 36v 10ah battery's on Ebay that are 199 would really be that different to the eZee offering for 350 (happy to see that's come down a bit!)

perhaps I'm completely wrong and the eZee lasts for more than 75% more charges to justify it's price or maybe it's the superior engineering/bms

it's just frustrating seeing the same voltage/amp/type battery's for much less on other bikes such as Woosh - the best example

EDIT: would the 20ah/28ah options give a bump in speed if so how much? in theory it's a lot more watts but I'm guessing the controller cutoff would have a big say. Also would these higher ah batteries just slot in or are they dual solutions? Thanks

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Good questions, unfortunately I don't have the answers, believe me if we could sell a reliable10 Ah battery for £200 and still make a reasonable profit we would.
Maybe someone else can answer that one?

Regarding the larger capacity batteries, they give increased range not power unless you go to 48v. These are one piece batteries that fit any eZee bike just the same as the 10Ah only the case is 7cm longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
EDIT: would the 20ah/28ah options give a bump in speed if so how much? in theory it's a lot more watts but I'm guessing the controller cutoff would have a big say. Also would these higher ah batteries just slot in or are they dual solutions? Thanks
The amount of stored energy within the battery (ah) has nothing to do with speed. Providing the battery, of whatever ah capacity, is able to deliver the current the controller calls for (ie, has adequate C rating) then speed is dependent upon voltage alone.

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
I do struggle to imagine that the 36v 10ah battery's on Ebay that are 199 would really be that different to the eZee offering for 350
Have to agree. I love eZee bikes and have several but the battery price continues to be the killer and I'm sure restricts their sales of new bikes.

Retrofitting the generic upright batteries off eBay or from BMS is not straightforward but is doable and I'll soon be posting pics of such a project I have undertaken on an ezee Liv (cos John couldn't do me a battery at an affordable for me price).