Free front bike light - no battery

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Well that was exciting!

After the light's battery topped itself the other week, I thought I'd take the battery pack apart to see what had happened. The scorch mark was quite obvious where the water had caused it to arc. As I took the plastic outer wrap off, I obviously twisted it, causing two slim metallic strips (don't try this at home kids!) to make contact, which then went into meltdown and promptly burst into flames. My son's very disappointed that I didn't video it, but I was more preoccupied with getting it out of the house. I didn't even get a thank you for not scorching the dining room table :rolleyes:

So does anyone want the light itself? - comes with the charger, rubber mounting ring and the other end of the cable that was once attached to the now cremated battery:

It's the one from the best light thread:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-Hunting-3000LM-CREE-XM-L2-LED-Cycling-Headlight-Bike-Bicycle-Head-Lamp-/151886495410?hash=item235d23feb2:g:O9wAAOSwIwhWSfgH

It's had about 30 minutes use (and quite possibly not even that much). I don't want anything for it, but I'd be obliged if you'd cover the postage so I'm not out of pocket. First come first served. Comes with the fully comprehensive, all inclusive 'Gaz's Warranty' - once it's out of sight, it's out of warranty :D

Gaz

Reactions: Paul smith

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Can I take that off your hands Gaz...perfect timing as my wifes Solar Storm one has just gone pop, but her battery is ok:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaz

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
You have mail Gaz:)...wonder if I can get away with it as a Valentines Day present:D