Free power

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
very neat trick.
I still can't work out how he makes the ball rotate.

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
Gravity pushes the ball down the magnet pulls it forward making it turn. A heavy ball and big magnet could produce a lot more power

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
tisme, in the first minute and 20 seconds, there is no trick. The ball is held up by the magnet. If you were the ball, you will feel weightless, meaning the forces exerting on the ball cancel each other.
The ball cannot make the wheel move any more than you can without touching the wheel. To initiate the movement of the wheel, the ball has somehow to start to move. If it moves farther from the magnet than before, the magnetic force decreases with the square of the distance between magnet and ball, the magnet won't be able to hold it suspended, the ball will fall. An additional force must act on the ball to make it regain altitude but where is the device to produce this additional force?
My first theory is the hand makes small movements to pull the ball back up.

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
I don't think the ball is not touching the wheel the ball rolls down on the wheel and the magnet pulls it back, but it travels back to the maget by the wheel moving. All movement of the ball must be small and rotating.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we all know that perpetual motion does not exist unless you could somehow connect this universe to another in a different dimension.
the acceleration of the wheel is too fast to make the idea that the ball moves the wheel using only its potential energy believable.
My second theory is that there is a motor controller inside the magnet stand which acts as a rotor and there are magnets built into the wheel ring making the wheel into a rotor.

• Agree
Reactions: mike killay
D

Deleted member 4366

If you want free energy and power for your bike, ride it off Beachy Head. you should be able to reach about 120 mph without pedalling. At least it won't be a hoax.

If you want to know how the hoax works, ask in a couple of days. I'll let you have some fun puzzling it out first.

Last edited by a moderator:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• :D
Reactions: tisme

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
my third theory is he is blowing compressed air on the spokes.
The jet goes through the groove in the middle of the rim, hits the small rectangular sails that are welded to the spokes.
The steel ball is for misdirection.

D

Deleted member 4366

There's magnets all round, so the wheel behaves like any other electric motor rotor. The coil is either under the table or in that magnet holder. There's something suspicious about his magnet holder. There's a hole in the board where he places it, and it seems to fight him back at one point as if it's stuck to the board.

Reactions: tisme

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Like all good magic, the trick is to fool you in the first second or so.
The arms holding the wheel are set at an extraordinary angle, so that must be to distract us.
We are treated to the classical magicians method of showing us around the device, but not inside.
The arms of the support are thick enough to hold a whole pile of mobile phone batteries, as is the base.
Quite how he motors the wheel is not clear, my preference is a small motor directly acting on the axle. If the wheel rim had magnets, I would expect to see some sort of cogging effect when it turns slowly.
At first I thought that the ball itself was the on/off switch, joining both rims, but there are so many remote ways of switching things on these days that it really does not matter.

Reactions: tisme and Woosh

Advertisers